Confirmed with Link: Leafs recall Enroth

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Enroth played well for the Marlies (in the one or two games he did play).

He didn't play too well for the Leafs for the first 4 games, but then again, Andersen sucked bad too in his first handful of games.

Enroth is much better than Ramo, and unless you are going to give Bibeau more starts (unlikely), then sending him down is probably for the best. Sparks-Bibeau is the best tandem you can give the Marlies, and they desperately need it.

Hopefully this is the end of Ramo for a while.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Enroth will play in all future shootouts.............. & only in shootouts.

Oh god, that'd be worse. Enroth is easier on shootouts; the man is a hobbit. All the other team has to do is skate in, score top corner, and repeat 1 or 2 more times.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I have a theory given that Enroth has cleared waivers and doesn't need to be placed back on them and Bibeau is waivers exempt...

The Leafs want to keep Bibeau playing, keep him sharp.

The next Leafs B2B game isn't until next Friday and the following Wednesday to close out the year.

Marlies play tomorrow and on Wednesday. Bibeau can get those two games, Enroth and Bibeau can swap again next Thursday, making Bibeau ready for his Friday B2B start with the Leafs.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Oh god, that'd be worse. Enroth is easier on shootouts; the man is a hobbit. All the other team has to do is skate in, score top corner, and repeat 1 or 2 more times.

You really need to take a look at Enroth's shootout SV%. He may be a crap backup, but his SV% in the shootout is WAY above league average.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Leafs and Marlies live in same city, all kinds of things can happen and not a key changes hands.

Enroth is a small goalie that could be warmed up in the dressing room to face shootouts... Makes sense, like having a field goal kicker. Sorta 2016 stuff.

Most likely a specialty move made.

Big goalies should have subs for the shootout, shootouts probably smoke more groins than just about anything.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
You really need to take a look at Enroth's shootout SV%. He may be a crap backup, but his SV% in the shootout is WAY above league average.

I saw it, and I don't believe it. :laugh: With guys shooting like they do today and the corners that are open. I guess he overcommits on shootouts, and has the speed to recovery. He was absolutely terrible on the one for us this season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Even tiny goalies are capable of managing a clipboard so its better if Bibeau plays and Enroth opens and closes the Leafs bench gate and charts the shot attempts instead.

Hopefully we don't see him in anyone game any time soon.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
I have a theory given that Enroth has cleared waivers and doesn't need to be placed back on them and Bibeau is waivers exempt...

The Leafs want to keep Bibeau playing, keep him sharp.

The next Leafs B2B game isn't until next Friday and the following Wednesday to close out the year.

Marlies play tomorrow and on Wednesday. Bibeau can get those two games, Enroth and Bibeau can swap again next Thursday, making Bibeau ready for his Friday B2B start with the Leafs.

By the way Bibeau bites. There's a reason why he was picked in the 6th round. He bites the big juicy one.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Bibeau needs to play. Ramo isn't answer and I'm still wondering why they even consider him? To play 10 games?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think they are choosing to sit Enroth in the backup chair instead of a goalie prospect who they hope may be something, where as they know they don't want Enroth. But each to their own

Any time they choose to play Enroth they choose to lose, seeing as he hasn't had a single good game for us.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Any time they choose to play Enroth they choose to lose, seeing as he hasn't had a single good game for us.

Well, by that mentality anytime the choose not to start Andersen they choose to lose... Also I think your missing the point, this isn't to start Enroth.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
This whole deal has gotta make ya wonder about Pogge.Worked his way up through the euro grind maybe a league mini PTO type deal is worth trying . How much worse can he be than our current situation ?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well, by that mentality anytime the choose not to start Andersen they choose to lose... Also I think your missing the point, this isn't to start Enroth.

Exactly choose to start Andersen they choose to give themselves a chance to win since he has ALL our wins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad