Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Justin Holl to a 1 year 2 way contract

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not huge news but news nonetheless. I still think he could be solid as a depth defenseman, maybe even on the bottom pairing. Not much offence but he's pretty good defensively and skates really well.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Solid. Really turned around from the beginning of the year when he played with Valiev to being a top end defenseman with Dermott.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice deal. Good to have him back. After a slow start, he really stepped it up. There is bottom pairing potential here possibly.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Just what we need a Holl in our defense.

Actually, he played well this past year and deserves a 2-way deal.

Covenant

Jun 4, 2006
Saw him six times live and a number of times on tv this past season and was really impressed. His game really improved. He's good skating the puck out of his own end and is good defensively and has a little offence as well. I could see him grow each time I saw him. He also has decent size. Could be a third pairing or depth d for the big club.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
Not huge news but news nonetheless. I still think he could be solid as a depth defenseman, maybe even on the bottom pairing. Not much offence but he's pretty good defensively and skates really well.

Yea, not much at all.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Yea, not much at all.

Have always been impressed with this guy whenever I saw Marlies play. I would think he could impress in training camp for a spot possibly. He's a Babcock type of player. Skates really well, confident with the puck and good transitioning play imo.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The problem is, Holl plays the defensive side of the game like an AHL'er.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad