GDT: Leafs@Predators 8PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
if Babs is still the coach he'll be in the Leaf's pressbox.

Plenty of valid reasons to criticize Babcock but this isn't one of them IMO.

Every player he's sat in the pressbox wasn't much to begin with besides maybe Leivo.

There was big drama surrounding that guy we picked up from Vancouver. He's so bad that I forgot his name and he's likely in the AHL. Holl isn't that good either and that is the reason why he sits often.

If Sandin and Liljegren are ready, they will play, just like Dermott played. We'll need the cheap ELC players to play well and I've no doubt Sandin and Liljegren are better than some guys on our D right now already.

What sucks are the contracts of Zaitsev and Marleau. Hope there is a way to get rid of at least one if not both this offseason.

Edit: Frank Corrado. That guy.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yep, too bad Ennis can't play center.

I mean, we know he can't play #2C or #3c anymore like he did way back when....but maybe he CAN play #4C well enough? I dunno. worth a try when we're fully healthy.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Wasn’t Ennis a centre in Buffalo

Edit: yes he was from 2011-2014. Had bad faceoff percentages though.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I mean, we know he can't play #2C or #3c anymore like he did way back when....but maybe he CAN play #4C well enough? I dunno. worth a try when we're fully healthy.
how about Petan at centre for Ennis and Moore with Brown in the pressbox?

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Plenty of valid reasons to criticize Babcock but this isn't one of them IMO.

Every player he's sat in the pressbox wasn't much to begin with besides maybe Leivo.

There was big drama surrounding that guy we picked up from Vancouver. He's so bad that I forgot his name and he's likely in the AHL. Holl isn't that good either and that is the reason why he sits often.

If Sandin and Liljegren are ready, they will play, just like Dermott played. We'll need the cheap ELC players to play well and I've no doubt Sandin and Liljegren are better than some guys on our D right now already.

What sucks are the contracts of Zaitsev and Marleau. Hope there is a way to get rid of at least one if not both this offseason.

Edit: Frank Corrado. That guy.
You are probably right. Just have had an overload of very questionable lineups and favourites.
When I get really depressed about Babs, I try to remember that he actually appreciates how good Jake Gardiner is. That is quite a redeeming feature, and try to focus on that whenever Hainsey gets his 25 minutes a game.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
yeah can't argue with Hyman up there now, especially since he's clearly outplayig Marleau.

so marleau is the last bit of liability in the top-9, and even then he should have the most sheltered role in the top-9 so he might be ok there.

still, I would love to see babs try and fix his 4th line C problem with Marleau, and send Moore up to the 3rd line.

Ya, even I'm not going to complain about Hyman with Tavares and Marner at this point. It's obviously not changing and it works well enough. I agree that Hyman is outplaying Marleau at this point.

I could see how some people would want Moore or Ennis on that 3rd line instead of Marleau... but that's a relatively minor detail too.

The Matthews line should be very good with Nylander and Johnsson. Can't really complain about those wingers. I'd say that Johnsson is our best LW at this point, and Nylander is very close to Marner IMO.

This is the first time this year I think we've seen a triple threat of 1) Matthews - Nylander ; 2) Tavares - Marner ; 3) Kadri - Kapanen

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
how about Petan at centre for Ennis and Moore with Brown in the pressbox?

I think a lot of people here would like that, but then who kills penalties?

Hyman, Marner, Kapenen, Johnsson, _____, _____ ?

I wonder why the never try Kadri on the PK?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ya, even I'm not going to complain about Hyman with Tavares and Marner at this point. It's obviously not changing and it works well enough. I agree that Hyman is outplaying Marleau at this point.

I could see how some people would want Moore or Ennis on that 3rd line instead of Marleau... but that's a relatively minor detail too.

The Matthews line should be very good with Nylander and Johnsson. Can't really complain about those wingers. I'd say that Johnsson is our best LW at this point, and Nylander is very close to Marner IMO.

This is the first time this year I think we've seen a triple threat of 1) Matthews - Nylander ; 2) Tavares - Marner ; 3) Kadri - Kapanen

Yeah, I don't remember those duos in any lineup before. Just hope the D is good enough tonight and Andersen isn't bad. There were two plays in the game against Philly where it looked like he was going to score in his own net.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I think a lot of people here would like that, but then who kills penalties?

Hyman, Marner, Kapenen, Johnsson, _____, _____ ?

I wonder why the never try Kadri on the PK?
Honestly, the numbers I've seen do not flatter Brown on the PK.
I would bloody well play Matthews on the PK, he could use more minutes.
And Tavares can as well.
We get the fewest PP I think in the league, or close to it, so give them some minutes on the PK. When Marner is out there, he gives the other team fits. I'm sure Matthews and Tavares could as well. At least as well as Brown!!

Reactions: SAMCRO44

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marincin, Holl will have trouble

Marleau to 4th line

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Ennis. That hat trick obviously is not as important as skating around real hard and being a gud pro and eating your veggies and getting the right amount of rest

you also need to be long, have a good family, and know where to stand.

Perhaps it's the first of these Ennis could be having issues with

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
All I ask is they turn up, give a full effort for the entire game and don't quit if **** gets tough

I don't think that's to much to ask

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This clown says the team is doing some line dancing so I scanned the entire article just to see the lineup which remains completely unchanged, as is Babs philosophy to things when they're not working.

I now understand his clever little "line dancing" title was in reference to the team playing in Nashville.

This is the reason I don't but anymore of the newspapers in this city, particularly for sports news. The Athletic is the way to go.

so he's a clown because he used a play on words for his title?

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Like those lines

I think they lose another one here because those lines are mostly bad(aside from JT line which has been our best the entire season). I think you'll see great effort(because not like they can do worse) but because we have 3rd line that is weak in a lot of areas(Kappy best player but hasn't played in the last few so needs a bit of time, the other 2 have a lot of work to do because they've been bad in a lot of ways). Matty line that is dependent on Willy and Johnsson to get pucks back..good luck with that(especially long term..consistency is a huge issue with them)..The 4th line is absolutely going to get crushed along the wall as Petan being there is laughable and Brown doesn't do anthing on any line(poor Moore, he'll be begging to be sent back to AHL lol). Why Ennis isn't there is mind boggling(but i do know that Babs likes him so this change has to be from upstairs). Anyways, not looking good for us but who knows..Hopefully they'll show something we haven't seen yet this year.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well whatever happens will happen. Be nice to just see the team play well for the vast majority of the game.

But otherwise it doesn't matter. Not likely to catch Boston with how they've played. Best to just hope they show signs of being a capable team before the playoffs arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad