GDT: Leafs@Predators 8PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Preds were slumping hard but seem be finding there game again, definitley should not take them lightly. Really want a win here, getting tired of hearing people whining over our recent slump...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
A good test on the road against a good team.

IMO, the Leafs should worry far more about their game than home ice advantage. If they play well, they will have a chance.

Even if they don't get it, I just want to see better efforts, win or lose.

These remaining 10 games should be played with the intensity of playoff games if they have any hope of getting their game back before the playoffs begin. They need to wake up soon.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
A good test on the road against a good team.

IMO, the Leafs should worry far more about their game than home ice advantage. If they play well, they will have a chance.

Even if they don't get it, I just want to see better efforts, win or lose.

These remaining 10 games should be played with the intensity of playoff games if they have any hope of getting their game back before the playoffs begin. They need to wake up soon.
Agreed, as long as it looks like the give a **** for a change I'll be happy. Worry about getting focused on how to play for the playoffs, otherwise it's going to be a short spring for the buds.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

This clown says the team is doing some line dancing so I scanned the entire article just to see the lineup which remains completely unchanged, as is Babs philosophy to things when they're not working.

I now understand his clever little "line dancing" title was in reference to the team playing in Nashville.

This is the reason I don't but anymore of the newspapers in this city, particularly for sports news. The Athletic is the way to go.

Reactions: NiftyMits

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm normally a huge critic of Babcock's lines... but I actually think they're pretty good. I would like Hyman in the bottom 6... but other than that, the lines look solid. Kapanen on the 3rd line should be a big upgrade over Brown and hopefully we'll finally get all our lines rolling. If we get our top 3 lines all scoring, it will be very difficult to deal with. I don't feel like we've had 3 lines all playing well yet this season... but I like this configuration well enough that I think we're good to go with these lines in the playoffs.

Defense is a different story. I'm fine with these lines given that Gardiner and Dermott are out... but I would like to see some new pairings when/if they return.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
How about a first goal...fluke is fine....lucky bounce off the boards...2 Preds D crash into each other an' allow Matty to walk in alone. Anything is fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: HR Pickens

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
Kapanen on the 3rd line should be a big upgrade over Brown and hopefully we'll finally get all our lines rolling. If we get our top 3 lines all scoring, it will be very difficult to deal with. I don't feel like we've had 3 lines all playing well yet this season... but I like this configuration well enough that I think we're good to go with these lines in the playoffs.

I agree. I feel like this is finally looking like the forward lines that many hoped for prior to the season. Having the Marner-Tavares line followed by Matthews-Nylander, then Kadri-Kapanen gives us the kind of offensive depth very few other teams have. People focus (rightly) on our lack of depth on defense, but that's just where we are in our building of the team. It would be nice to have all the pieces come together at once, but that is very unlikely to ever happen. I'm excited to finally see how these 3 lines perform.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Andersen Splits

OCT .919
NOV .942
DEC .903
JAN .919
FEB .922
MAR .885

bad bad time for Andy to have his worst month of the season.

on the other hand, it would be just about the perfect time for him to regress to the mean.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This clown says the team is doing some line dancing so I scanned the entire article just to see the lineup which remains completely unchanged, as is Babs philosophy to things when they're not working.

I now understand his clever little "line dancing" title was in reference to the team playing in Nashville.

This is the reason I don't but anymore of the newspapers in this city, particularly for sports news. The Athletic is the way to go.

heheh.

Reactions: yubbers

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm normally a huge critic of Babcock's lines... but I actually think they're pretty good. I would like Hyman in the bottom 6... but other than that, the lines look solid. Kapanen on the 3rd line should be a big upgrade over Brown and hopefully we'll finally get all our lines rolling. If we get our top 3 lines all scoring, it will be very difficult to deal with. I don't feel like we've had 3 lines all playing well yet this season... but I like this configuration well enough that I think we're good to go with these lines in the playoffs..

yeah can't argue with Hyman up there now, especially since he's clearly outplayig Marleau.

so marleau is the last bit of liability in the top-9, and even then he should have the most sheltered role in the top-9 so he might be ok there.

still, I would love to see babs try and fix his 4th line C problem with Marleau, and send Moore up to the 3rd line.

Reactions: NiftyMits and Pi

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm normally a huge critic of Babcock's lines... but I actually think they're pretty good. I would like Hyman in the bottom 6... but other than that, the lines look solid. Kapanen on the 3rd line should be a big upgrade over Brown and hopefully we'll finally get all our lines rolling. If we get our top 3 lines all scoring, it will be very difficult to deal with. I don't feel like we've had 3 lines all playing well yet this season... but I like this configuration well enough that I think we're good to go with these lines in the playoffs.

Defense is a different story. I'm fine with these lines given that Gardiner and Dermott are out... but I would like to see some new pairings when/if they return.

Hyman does not belong in the bottom 6, he's earned his spot with Tavares and Marner.

Reactions: Lauro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad