Post-Game Talk: Leafs play poorly and lose 6-1 and JT takes the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This is such a frustrating team.
One of the most talented rosters this franchise has ever had but also one of the softest.
When the game gets hairy more often than not we fold up and some of our stars are showing troubling signs of coming up short in big games.
All said this was a bad spot for us tonight with the back to back, missing 2 strong D and playing our backup so a loss isn't suprising.

I personally don't believe our structure is very strong and that falls on the coach (our horrific breakout and puck support is a huge issue for us).

Jake Muzzin needs to be a lot better. So far he's looked like a guy whos way too slow to keep us with the fast eastern conference.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
And they will have to do this all over again on April 1st. I expect the exact same atmosphere from those crylander fans.

Better be ready.

Reactions: NiftyMits

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mentally pathetic team.

Babcock plays a backup against a division leading team but starter against a bottom feeder. What joke of a coach.​

Freddy in net would not have changed the outcome of the game; the team including the coaching staff were absolutely clueless

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Leafs on the 2nd half of a back to back without Gardiner, Kadri, Dermott or Andersen and it showed. Just no gas outside of the 1st period and a blown call in the 2nd that swung momentum.

Islanders win their cup tonight. Just remember that they're icing several Toronto rejects in Martin and Komarov. PS, I wasn't aware that Barzal was such a rat with the cross-checks from behind. Look forward to him getting rocked in the future.

Reactions: Confucius and Kurtz

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Bad games happen. Just worried about the complete lack of heart this team has. Barzal cross-checking away up 6-1 and the Leafs wouldn’t even throw a hit.

I think that made me more upset then losing the game.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Only Hyman gets a passing Grade, with marner being close. Everyone else was between bad to dog shit. No more bullshit lineups, Marincin, Holl are trash. Marleau and Brown are trash. If we are going to be a soft team(we are) then play our best players with each other and give minimal time to the washed up players. Isle fans deserve to gloat and party or whatever tonight. Jet, Flames, Wings, Bruins, Oilers, etc fans who all despise us and the leafs deserve to enjoy this night if they wish to. Babcock and the team need to regroup and focus for the next game. Garret spark should only have one more start as a leaf fan in the last back to back. Team needs to learn from this and refocus, we can't beat the islander's team as of yet. Have one more chance to see if we can beat them.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I hope Willy stays with Moore and Ennis. They are way better than Marleau and Brown. Matthews hopefully goes back with Kap and AJ. Although, Matthews needs to be better in games like this. It's concerning the way he played tonight.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They got wrecked tonight but they are still in a good spot. IMO We are locked in third. I don't even care what the heck happens in the regular season any more.

Don't lost any more players to injuries and see what we can do in the playoffs.

Reactions: binop7

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It took too long for Babcock to get Moore up and adjust the Matthews line.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Marincin in for Gardiner
Holl in for Dermott
Sparkz in for Andersen
No Kadri

You could just feel this one was going to be a stinker, oh well.. Back at it again on Saturday.

Reactions: Kurtz

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I've been a Leaf fan since the late 60s early 70s. It's been a long time since I've been this embarrassed.

Where is the heart? Where is the desire? Where is the mental toughness?

This was a playoff type test. And it was a massive fail.

Oh, and for all of you Hopeless Homers™ that are gonna say good golly gosh, and offer up the lame excuses, below is what I have for you:

Participation_50__41883.1508372960.jpg

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I want to give some advice. Sometimes when I become too invested in the Leafs, I just step away for a week or two. I did so during the Nylander saga. As some of you probably remember, I was saying some pretty dumb stuff during it, and once I realized it was getting to me in real life and not just online, I just stepped away for a little while.

Reading some of the comments in the game day thread, some of you might want to do the same. It helps put things into perspective.

This game was disappointing but it’s important to remember it’s only a game. I hope it doesn’t ruin your night/day/weekend.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There are many reasons for a loss...injuries...backup goalie....back to back games...3 games in 4 nights.

There are zero excuses for the perfornance we witnessed tonight. Every player.....every coach should be udderly embarrassed right now.

Night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad