Post-Game Talk: Leafs play poorly and lose 6-1 and JT takes the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
No pride, no passion, no effort. They should be ashamed to wear the Maple Leaf..

This team won’t win anything except a 1st round elimination this year, I can almost guarantee it.

And our 11.6 million center is playing timbits hockey..

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Whoop'd. Very bad night from the whole defence and a few of the forwards.

Tavares played great, glad we have him.

Reactions: hoglund

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Meh, I'm not even that upset.

Turning point of the game wass the offside review. A coach shouldn't be allowed to ask for a review after 10 seconds post-goal. Additionally, a offside review shouldn't take more that 10 seconds. If you can't tell in that timeframe, then its too close to call.

Also a little dissapointed how guys like Matthews and Nylander seem to hide in high pressure games like this. You'd think your star players would have the ability to rise to the occasian when they're needed in playoff atmosphere-lite games.

Not going to lose any sleep though. Back to back game... 3rd in 4 nights.... three key players hurt... backup in night...

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The deck was stacked against us tonight. I'll post what I said in the postgame thread.

3rd game in 4 nights, being on a back to back. Two top four defensemen out, missing a centre, and playing against a very motivated Islanders team.

Move on. We have more important things to worry about. It looks like Tampa is going to hand Boston another ROW so we need to prepare to go on another run again.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Congrats on your Stanley Cup win tonight NYI fans - well earned.

In any case, we'll have to send Sparky down and bring up Hutch. Also hopefully this is the last we've seen of Marincin with the big club...although we've been saying this every year, and yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad