Drafted by Toronto Maple Leafs
- round 3 #65 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=169220

dw_andrew_nielsen_lethbridge.jpg

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Finally someone big, but then again, another LHD. They do know that we have a lot of good LHD right?

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
My writeup, based on readings only:

"Big heavy defenceman, plays a physically hard game, has an edge and he can back it up, sometimes makes the wrong read and stands a guy up with a hit while another forward sneaks past him, at other times his defensive decisions are good, has a hard shot, skating is decent and what he lacks in skating he can mostly make up for with long stick and reach, played a key role for a weak team where he faced a lot of tough competition despite being a rookie."

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't know much about this kid.

6'3, 210.

Seems like a decent shutdown kid.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

A brutish, big-bodied defenseman that has the size, willingness to give up the body, and physical maturity to make a difference on the ice. Establishes an imposing presence when bearing down on opposing players; does not allow any time or space, and can cause turnovers easily. Has a good eye and is able to make crisp, accurate passes to teammates; also possesses a hard shot. While his skating could be improved, he isn't immobile and can get around the ice post haste. All-in-all, a physical two-way defender who establishes pressure on the opposition and can also provide offensive support.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Don't know him at all. Looks like a project player that's been a very late bloomer. Huge part of the rebuild in Lethbridge.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
As long as he can pass the puck, I am good with this pick.

At some point you do need to pick some size

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Don't know him at all. Looks like a project player that's been a very late bloomer. Huge part of the rebuild in Lethbridge.

They don't have a lot of high end players on their roster. Decent stat line for a big kid.

Wish he was a righty.

snizzbone*

Not when Pilon is on the board, and a slew of other D prospects better than him.

Hell I'll even put him in Dylan McIlrath territory. Big D that's it.

Schenn and McIlrath were top picks. This is a 3rd rounder.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They haven't taken names people have seen all year so they think the sky is falling.

Yep. Everyone here can pick off the rankings but if it were so easy, I doubt teams would employ scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad