Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins Dec 9th, 7pm EST HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Usually that is a bad thing because Mcbackup is garbage but Broosit, is even worse so we MIGHT be OK there on Sunday

Brossoit is probably the worst backup in the league. He's definitely the worst backup I know off the top of my head. The guys all around him in SVV% are no longer in the league so...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kristen Shilton @kristen_shilton
2m
#Leafs lines at practice:
Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Nylander

Leivo (for Rielly)-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Polak
Soshnikov, Carrick

heh.

how many times do you think Babcock is going to be forced to change the lines every 3rd period before he does something different?

Reactions: supermann_98

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Mike... Nylander has 8 points in his last 10 games. f***ing put him back with Matthews. I can't stand the Leafs getting outshot every single night.

We're facing a good team, quite f***ing around with the lineup and put them back to the way they were. I'll even tolerate and cheer for Hyman on 3 on 3 OT if he just puts the forward lineup back as it was last year.

It's like the Leafs are purposely trying to f*** with Nylander and Matthews.

Please don't quote this post to tell me that the Leafs are winning so the lineups are fine. They are not fine and that won't change whether we win this game or not. Lineups are garbage. Leafs are struggling to score goals right now.

This is a game that could turn into a blowout even if Freddie is on his game. Crosby, Kessel, Malkin, Guentzel etc. We're trying to grind a team full of stars when we also have stars that can match them inch for inch.

I feel like this one is a loss considering our lineup, the game being a road game and the forward talent the Pens have. I'd start McElhinney here and then Andersen at home.

Oilers are also on a back to back situation so there is no advantage for either team, I have more faith in Andersen winning against the Oilers even if the Leafs don't show up than winning with Andersen even if the Leafs show up against the Penguins.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThewThew

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I've been pretty patient with Babcock but if these lines hold up it's really getting ridiculous.

What does Willy have to do to get his spot back? Seriously?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hopefully Toronto can take advantage of Schults and Murray being out of the lineup I know Jarry has been playing well but he's still a rookie with 8 games experience and lets be honest some of those wins that he has are against cream puff teams like the 2 against Buffalo.

Toronto is a top team loaded with skill and they can light anybody in the NHL up.

It won't be easy because Crosby and Malkin are never easy to beat, but a rookie goalie is a rookie goalie, you have to take advantage of that

got to get the PP going if they can do that and bag a couple PP goals they can and should win

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Mike... Nylander has 8 points in his last 10 games. ****ing put him back with Matthews. I can't stand the Leafs getting outshot every single night.

We're facing a good team, quite ****ing around with the lineup and put them back to the way they were. I'll even tolerate and cheer for Hyman on 3 on 3 OT if he just puts the forward lineup back as it was last year.

It's like the Leafs are purposely trying to **** with Nylander and Matthews.

Please don't quote this post to tell me that the Leafs are winning so the lineups are fine. They are not fine and that won't change whether we win this game or not. Lineups are garbage. Leafs are struggling to score goals right now.

This is a game that could turn into a blowout even if Freddie is on his game. Crosby, Kessel, Malkin, Guentzel etc. We're trying to grind a team full of stars when we also have stars that can match them inch for inch.

I feel like this one is a loss considering our lineup, the game being a road game and the forward talent the Pens have. I'd start McElhinney here and then Andersen at home.

Oilers are also on a back to back situation so there is no advantage for either team, I have more faith in Andersen winning against the Oilers even if the Leafs don't show up than winning with Andersen even if the Leafs show up against the Penguins.

So you would choose to lose by starting Mcbackup.

That is a choose to lose move

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
There is so much overreacting on this board it's insane.

This team is so far from a finished product, you just have to accept that there is still a lot of work to be done.

I can guarantee you there are a ton of people in the organization that are surprised themselves that the team is where they are so fast, look at how many other rebuilds are still stumbling.

There is going to be even more turn over roster wise next season, and even more after that.

I've never seen so much complaining about a team that's top 10 in the NHL that is full of sophomores.

I don't like Nylander on the 4th line either, but guess what, he's there. Why is he there? Because Babcock knows Nylander is more important to this team in the long-run than most of the players on this team and he's trying to spark something there. This is the stuff you can do when your team is winning.

Just go with it and enjoy the games, there is not a single team in the NHL that is a heavy favourite beat this team in a game.

Reactions: Rogie and Mugzy97

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There is so much overreacting on this board it's insane.

This team is so far from a finished product, you just have to accept that there is still a lot of work to be done.

I can guarantee you there are a ton of people in the organization that are surprised themselves that the team is where they are so fast, look at how many other rebuilds are still stumbling.

There is going to be even more turn over roster wise next season, and even more after that.

I've never seen so much complaining about a team that's top 10 in the NHL that is full of sophomores.

I don't like Nylander on the 4th line either, but guess what, he's there. Why is he there? Because Babcock knows Nylander is more important to this team in the long-run than most of the players on this team and he's trying to spark something there. This is the stuff you can do when your team is winning.

Just go with it and enjoy the games, there is not a single team in the NHL that is a heavy favourite beat this team in a game.

"just go with it and enjoy the games" is just another way of saying "don't express opinions."

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
"just go with it and enjoy the games" is just another way of saying "don't express opinions."

Have as many opinions as you want, but this team is better than any Leafs team in 15 years(and more promising than those 2000 teams), so enjoy what you're witnessing.

I'm just saying, before people whine endlessly, step back and look at the big picture.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I've been pretty patient with Babcock but if these lines hold up it's really getting ridiculous.

What does Willy have to do to get his spot back? Seriously?

Compete to Babcocks liking or score a few goals. Assists are good but we need goals from Willie.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So you would choose to lose by starting Mcbackup.

That is a choose to lose move

No, I would choose to win against the Oilers and hope McElhinney can repeat his performance against Pittsburgh from last year.

I think whether we play Andersen or McElhinney, we're huge underdogs against Pittsburgh on the road with the way our lineup is constructed. Gamble with McElhinney and then come home and play Andersen where we have a greater chance to win because both teams are on a back to back situation but the Leafs will have a much better goalie in net than the Oilers.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad