Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins 7:00pm Sat Nov 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Looking at the long play I think the team needs to consider sitting Gio.

Can't stress enough this guy needs managed more than the goalies.
Asking for trouble asking him to play 23+ mins back to back. Just force him to take the night off.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Looking at the long play I think the team needs to consider sitting Gio.

Can't stress enough this guy needs managed more than the goalies.
Asking for trouble asking him to play 23+ mins back to back. Just force him to take the night off.
If so, wait until Wed against the Sharks. Would give him 4 days rest between games

Reactions: Jojalu

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
If so, wait until Wed against the Sharks. Would give him 4 days rest between games
They aint's doing that though. If you see the interviews, the indications are quite the opposite. Keefe said giordiano wants to play even more and feels better when he plays 24 per game. Therefore keefe will play him even 25 now. Cause gio said so. They are not sitting him at all.

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
20221126_114053.jpg

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I fully realize that Timmins will probably be nothing and will soon enough find himself on waivers but if he can somehow find his game from before the injuries, this will be so exciting.

Again, I have zero reason to believe this will happen but a relaly hope it does. He was one of my favourite prospects coming up through junior.

I don't think he plays tonight but I guess its possible?

Reactions: Altair

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I fully realize that Timmins will probably be nothing and will soon enough find himself on waivers but if he can somehow find his game from before the injuries, this will be so exciting.

Again, I have zero reason to believe this will happen but a relaly hope it does. He was one of my favourite prospects coming up through junior.

I don't think he plays tonight but I guess its possible?

We'll see how he does but I think it's more likely he's the #7-8 defenseman with Benn or Mete (whoever is healthy) before the waiver route. Leafs will have the cap space.

It doesn't look like he's playing tonight but sounds like he'll be in on Monday.

Reactions: Sypher04

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Dubas with a massive gamble on the goalies; looks like so far it is paying off.

As one of the harshest Dubas critic on this board; I would have called out Dubas if this experiment had failed. So in the interest of fairness - credit where credit is due - I'd have to give kudos to Dubas since team results are not as bad as I had expected when he had signed Murray/Samsonov.

Also some credit to Keefe for not being a complete bigheaded moron and finally separating matthews-marner.

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Cue the crying over Kallgren starting.

Let’s not act like the guy doesn’t only have 2 wins in 9 games played. He’s not solely responsible but our win rate with him in the net is lousy and it’s not at all unfair to be concerned by that

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Goaltending has probably been very favourable to him but I also think he's been pretty good over that span.

Goal tending has definitely propped him up. Also since he is playing behind JT-Marner duo that is also helping his case quite a bit IMO. That said, he is not a #1 Dman; and given the injuries he has done well. But by no means that should imply that he is untouchable or should have been protected or is some kind of messiah d-man.

The last 2 games since Rielly went down it has not been pretty IMO and Gio had had to bail him out quite a few times; to be seen if this keeps continuing

1669483189310.png

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Goal tending has definitely propped him up. Also since he is playing behind JT-Marner duo that is also helping his case quite a bit IMO. That said, he is not a #1 Dman; and given the injuries he has done well. But by no means that should imply that he is untouchable or should have been protected or is some kind of messiah d-man.

The last 2 games since Rielly went down it has not been pretty IMO and Gio had had to bail him out quite a few times; to be seen if this keeps continuing

View attachment 613188

Nobody said he was a messiah or a top pairing defenseman. That's not the point or what is being said.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

View attachment 613188
If every dman in the league was put under the microscope like Holl is here, people would quickly realise he is not as horrible as some would like to say.

He and Gio have been hemmed in quite a bit but I don't expect Holl to be an Allstar. Just kill penalties and don't try to be a hero.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Timmins makes his debut tonight?
If Keefe can steady his nerves and sit Hollowell

If every dman in the league was put under the microscope like Holl is here, people would quickly realise he is not as horrible as some would like to say.

He and Gio have been hemmed in quite a bit but I don't expect Holl to be an Allstar. Just kill penalties and don't try to be a hero.
If he would stop the stupid pinches and be active in the d zone instead of just watching plays he might get more sympathy, but he has been damn weak this year. If Timmons can stay healthy I predict he will be a huge upgrade. Much higher iq player.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Jojalu

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

View attachment 613188

A non-insignificant amount of people think we'd need to add a 2nd round pick or more to dump his tiny contract lol.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If Keefe can steady his nerves and sit Hollowell

If he would stop the stupid pinches and be active in the d zone instead of just watching plays he might get more sympathy, but he has been damn weak this year. If Timmons can stay healthy I predict he will be a huge upgrade. Much higher iq player.
He certainly was horrible to start the year.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
We'll see how he does but I think it's more likely he's the #7-8 defenseman with Benn or Mete (whoever is healthy) before the waiver route. Leafs will have the cap space.

It doesn't look like he's playing tonight but sounds like he'll be in on Monday.
I've liked Benn enough to find a way to keep him in the top 6. He played like the type of person you want in that bottom line.

Reactions: Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad