Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins 7:00pm Sat Nov 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
These are actually the situations in which I like to utilize the backup/other goalie. I think trouble arises when the third stringer sees too many starts beyond (some) back-to-backs. It'll certainly be something to have Murray and Samsonov concurrently healthy for any stretch of time though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
On the bright side:

Murray doing well

Samsonov practicing (wouldn't surprise me if he gets the start against detroit

Woll playing his first game for the Marlies

No B2b next month.
Good points. No back to backs in December is nice especially with many injuries.

Hopefully everyone can get healthy for January and they keep this going until then.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
would be nice if leafs can win a freakin' barn burner and matthews can finally start heating up with 2 or 3 even strength goals (heck 4 to 5 would be even better)

I expect to see Robertson and Malgin in I guess for fresh legs. Simmonds probably out. I wonder who comes out b/w ZAR/Holmberg/Engvall

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah this would be a game where you'd love to see Matthews' break out with a hatty and the offense to wake up more.

The Leafs are in a nice position in the standings, so I want to ensure Samsonov is 100% before getting him into game action .. They're not chasing anyone and are above a lot of the clutter.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Pens are on fire, half the defensive core is out, Matthews struggling, Kallgren in net on second half of a B2B with both on the road

Doesn't look too good, but maybe they can surprise us
We'll just have to hope the Pens had too good of a time with their Thanksgiving celebrations.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
We're going to have to score 4 goals tomorrow to win this one with the Pens playing at home (at least that';s how it feels to me). I don't expect much from the PP with Reilly out so we're going to have to be pretty good 5v5. I'd like to be more positive here but you have to figure missing all these D-men has to haunt you at some point and Pissburgh has the guns to make an inexperienced defense pay,; and big time at that.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Even though the Pens played yesterday, a point tonight is extra gravy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll just leave you all with this....

Ugh

Hope it's his last game with the Leafs

Hope for the best and he hasn't been terrible all the time and hes a 3rd stringer. Just sucks with all the injuries and then having to play him still. Anyway Go Leafs Go.

He's been terrible pretty much all the time.

That being said If he does find a way to win tonight, I don't care If it's 11-10

If he finds a way to win tonight you will not hear a word from me about how much he sucks.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
There is a long way to go but it feels like it is setting up for a Tor/TB first round again.

I think Boston will cool down a bit but the Leafs need to keep banking points to have a shot catching them.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Pens are streaky. They were in a 7 game losing streak, now they’re on a 5 game winning streak.

Both teams on back half of back to backs. We are at the waning end of a busy week. Do we see a fatigued collapse?
Would be a good game for Matthews to find that net.
Hope Kallgren comes up big.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Cue the crying over Kallgren starting.
1669470663916.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad