GDT: Leafs @ Panthers "View This Thread for a Laugh" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Good game, I'm glad no one at the arena had to do the walk of shame with all of the Leaf fans there.
Bjugstad had a nice game, glad to see him bury a couple.
Luongo's new helmet looks pretty cool with the full gear on.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Good game, I'm glad no one at the arena had to do the walk of shame with all of the Leaf fans there.
Bjugstad had a nice game, glad to see him bury a couple.
Luongo's new helmet looks pretty cool with the full gear on.

I really like it. Nice clean look. Though, I'm not sure why the panther head is so much bigger than the sun logo and why its placed so far up on the mask. Kills the symmetry of the striping.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Haha, we thought we could outtank Edmonton. The joke's on us. Ekblad would have looked so good here too. We better not get bumped down to 4th dammit.

That said, nice game. I'm loving Pirri.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Haha, we thought we could outtank Edmonton. The joke's on us. Ekblad would have looked so good here too. We better not get bumped down to 4th dammit.

That said, nice game. I'm loving Pirri.
Jacob Markstrom is starting against the Oilers, never say never. Columbus is playing the second of b2b on Saturday, but considering they need the game for positioning, they may start Bob. Things could still fall into place.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Jacob Markstrom is starting against the Oilers, never say never. Columbus is playing the second of b2b on Saturday, but considering they need the game for positioning, they may start Bob. Things could still fall into place.

I know there's still a chance, but I won't be surprised if things don't work out perfectly for us. You could see this scenario coming from a mile away too, that's the hilarious part.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
ellis starts and we lose this game. if lou, or clem start the last game and we probably wind up third. ellis starts and markie screws up and we are second. hopefully our acquisition and former goalie help us out BIG TIME!!!!!:yo::nod::handclap:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Nah. Frolikfan posted it earlier. It's just some fan made logo that Luongo's artist used for the mask.

Florida-Panthers-logos.png

What in GOD's name.. Seriously.. Wtf.. Mickey Mouse.. Cartoony.. Awful.. Barf..

Ya, because people will definitely connect "FP" with "Florida Panthers"..

The local news stations always get our logo straight..

Forget longevity.. FP!!!! Keep changing it every 5 years... We'll go down in every hockey fans' memory banks for sure!!!!!!!! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I really like it. Nice clean look. Though, I'm not sure why the panther head is so much bigger than the sun logo and why its placed so far up on the mask. Kills the symmetry of the striping.

The striping near the elbows on the jersey kills my eyes, thus that MASK kills my eyes. Pink panther is a better concept. People know what it is and they connect it to our team believe it or not.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
What in GOD's name.. Seriously.. Wtf.. Mickey Mouse.. Cartoony.. Awful.. Barf..

Ya, because people will definitely connect "FP" with "Florida Panthers"..

The local news stations always get our logo straight..

Forget longevity.. FP!!!! Keep changing it every 5 years... We'll go down in every hockey fans' memory banks for sure!!!!!!!! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This isn't official. It's something that was fan-created. You'd probably find life to be more enjoyable if you didn't get so upset about something that essentially amounts to personal taste.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
The striping near the elbows on the jersey kills my eyes, thus that MASK kills my eyes. Pink panther is a better concept. People know what it is and they connect it to our team believe it or not.

I don't think there's anything with the striping itself. That it is paired with a perpendicular stripe along the sleeve, I'll agree, creates an unpleasant effect. I like the mask, you don't. Who's right? No one.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Aren't we trying to move away from the cheap meh options that no one else wants?

There's not a single player on the roster that I'd bench for him, and that includes Flash. There's a reason why Mueller went to Switzerland.

Too much flow?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Bjugstad made Paul Ranger his b@$?% last night. The first time I felt ALL SEASON LONG that Jovo was not the worst Dmen on the ice in that particular night.

Flash speed through the neutral zone has been very noticeable of late. I wish before he leaves he's gives that ability to Huberdeau<<<. Flash disappears-Huberdeau becomes a good skater magically over the off season-happy Panthers fans.

I know Jovo gets a lot of hate and deserves it, but one of his few assets is his passing coming out of the zone. His stretch passes in particular when opponent is line changing has been strong all season ( my opinion maybe I'm wrong).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Aren't we trying to move away from the cheap meh options that no one else wants?

There's not a single player on the roster that I'd bench for him, and that includes Flash. There's a reason why Mueller went to Switzerland.

I thought he was one of our best players last season. Yeah I know, we finished last! I don't think it is a coincidence that Hubs has suffered without him, considering the chemistry they had last season. He was also good in shootouts, and was responsible defensively (unlike many of our forwards atm!) And could put the puck in the back of net.

Understand that we want 1st liners more than 3rd liners. And yeah he went to Switzerland so obviously I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad