-all watch the same broadcast
-is a top 10 team in the NHL
-3 of the most marketable stars in the entire NHL

With...
-one of the smallest market teams in the league
-a market where half of them watch in a different language
-both are bottom 10 in the NHL
-both have zero star power

As a little kid I could always stay up late Saturday to watch the whole game. But on a school night I had to be in bed by 9:00pm

Stop whining, leafs are on all but 1 or 2 Saturday’s a year.
They’re showing 2 Canadian teams.
Maybe the contract says they have to show a couple of other games to throw those teams a bone.
Btw it’s not a leaf contract it’s a National broadcast rights for 7 teams.

Didn’t hear you complain when the leafs were garbage and on Saturday nights.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't complain when they were taken off when they bad. I supported it, It was a wake up call and message to MLSE to get their shit together.

It is a terrible business decision to deliberately put a game that will get lower ratings than another option

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm actually happy some Saturdays when the Leafs don't play.

I'm pretty much always busy on Saturday nights with family functions and social gatherings, sometimes it's nice to not be thinking of a game those nights lol.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
It is a terrible business decision to deliberately put a game that will get lower ratings than another option

There is no "other option" because there is no Leaf game (or any other Canadian team) scheduled for this Saturday at 7:00.

And again, the NHL makes the schedule, not Rogers. You saying "Feschuk is an idiot" doesn't invalidate the quote from the person who signed the deal stating that they have a certain number of Saturday night Leaf games guaranteed by their contract. If the schedule prepared by the NHL adheres to the contract, Rogers would have no say beyond that.

If Rogers could unilaterally dictate the schedule to the NHL, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have scheduled a Sunday afternoon Leaf playoff game last season.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I hope we win but this is definitely not a must win game as everyone is saying.

Seriously, Florida is not in our league. Look how quickly we’ve moved up the standings. I’ve said this from the start - it was always going to be Tampa, Boston, and Toronto. We’ll be fighting Tampa and Boston for top spot at the end of the season, not Florida for a wildcard spot.

To be fighting with Boston and Tampa for the division title, the Leafs need to beat Florida and put them as far behind as possible...so it is a must win game if the goal is to be top in the division.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Who made this schedule?
No Saturday game?
giphy.gif

I find any hockey week that starts with a Monday game gets suckier as the week goes on.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
So our only NHL calibre defenseman is Dermott
I am hoping a road game in “NHL no man territory” is exactly what they need after two Western Canadian teams “descending” on us last week (by “descending” I refer to the fact that the Oilers and the Jets literally leaped out of the gate at us-partly because it was Toronto the media hub and partly because we had just beat both teams in their home rinks). They were all over us at puck drop.

I welcome the mind numbing Panther environment in comparison and hope that Freddy is on his game and that Tavares and Nylander in particular step it up.

Huge four point game
Is the Keefe effect dissipating?
Will we show the old warts? Or is our 15-5-2 Keefe record for real?

Reactions: crump

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

full

Brooks
Small sample...
Aside from the bad FO% stat *small sample), he's looking like a good 7 min a night 4th liner.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
full

full

Brooks
Small sample...
Aside from the bad FO% stat *small sample), he's looking like a good 7 min a night 4th liner.

He plays a smart responsible game, if he was a little bigger or faster he'd be the perfect 4C. This is the exact kind of filler player we should be drafting+developing, his brains let him fit in seamlessly and contribute. I'm sure if we had to bump him up a line or two to cover an injury game or two he wouldn't look terribly out of place.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Anybody hear about Muzzins status, we are really missing him, he's the best defense that we have and we'll need good defense against the Panthers who are basically tied with us in GF.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I am hoping a road game in “NHL no man territory” is exactly what they need after two Western Canadian teams “descending” on us last week (by “descending” I refer to the fact that the Oilers and the Jets literally leaped out of the gate at us-partly because it was Toronto the media hub and partly because we had just beat both teams in their home rinks). They were all over us at puck drop.

I welcome the mind numbing Panther environment in comparison and hope that Freddy is on his game and that Tavares and Nylander in particular step it up.

Huge four point game
Is the Keefe effect dissipating?
Will we show the old warts? Or is our 15-5-2 Keefe record for real?

It's interesting how you characterize Sunrise Florida. I wonder if there's a big difference in the experience of being an NHLer on a stage like that, like if NHL games down there feel less major league with such small crowds.

Guys like Huberdeau and Barkov should be absolute superstars in this league but receive zero marketing.

Hopefully we beat them and get out.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Boys should be well rested for a matchup against a divisional rival! Florida is an underrated team, should be a good game!

Reactions: Rogue Leader

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Average home attendance for Florida is 13,423 this season. Based on the game highlight clips, the past few home games look like it would be a stretch to say they hit 10,000. Snowbirds should fill a few seats tomorrow though.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Average home attendance for Florida is 13,423 this season. Based on the game highlight clips, the past few home games look like it would be a stretch to say they hit 10,000. Snowbirds should fill a few seats tomorrow though.

Another Leafs satellite home arena.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Anybody hear about Muzzins status, we are really missing him, he's the best defense that we have and we'll need good defense against the Panthers who are basically tied with us in GF.

they said he was week to week. My guess will be after the all star break. That’s like 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad