Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You mean...
iu

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I hate this building. It's the new Buffalo. I believe we are 3-4-3 in our last 10 there and haven't won in 5 visits. It's usually a frustrating and boring game where we lack energy, can't score and they score on horrible plays by us. Something about a Sunday night game gives me bad vibes as well.

On the other hand, we spank Florida at home. It's so one-sided for the home team I find.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hope Tampa keeps winning and Boston keeps falling. Want them again in the first round no matter what.

Need to beat them to get this cloud out from over the teams head where everyone knows no matter what, they will have to beat Boston to advance.

Reactions: glue and Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hope Tampa keeps winning and Boston keeps falling. Want them again in the first round no matter what.

Need to beat them to get this cloud out from over the teams head where everyone knows no matter what, they will have to beat Boston to advance.

f***ing same. I want Boston. We now have a real coach behind the Leafs bench.

I don't care what Tampa does. I want Boston in the first round.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
****ing same. I want Boston. We now have a real coach behind the Leafs bench.

Totally agree, we're at the point where just making it to the next round isn't enough anymore, we have to take the Bruins out or their fans will never shut up. Even if we do take them out, they'll still be whining stuff like "but we have 3 series wins and you only have 1".

Reactions: glue

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Totally agree, we're at the point where just making it to the next round isn't enough anymore, we have to take the Bruins out or their fans will never shut up. Even if we do take them out, they'll still be whining stuff like "but we have 3 series wins and you only have 1".

Who cares what Bruins fans say.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017

I think we would be a scary force in the playoffs if we beat the mental demons and take down Boston in round 1

Reactions: glue and Pi

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Rogers thought process.....

Replace....
-Biggest market team in the hockey
-all watch the same broadcast
-is a top 10 team in the NHL
-3 of the most marketable stars in the entire NHL

With...
-one of the smallest market teams in the league
-a market where half of them watch in a different language
-both are bottom 10 in the NHL
-both have zero star power

As a little kid I could always stay up late Saturday to watch the whole game. But on a school night I had to be in bed by 9:00pm

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Replace....

With...

Are you referring to the Leafs not playing on Saturday?

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Who cares what Bruins fans say.

It's not just to shut up the Bruins fans, I'm sure that 99.9999% of us Leaf fans will be far more satisfied by eliminating the Bruins than any other team.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
WTF do you think I'm talking about? They're replacing Toronto vs anyone with Ottawa Montreal.

Calm down. You said "Rogers thought process", so I wasn't sure because Rogers doesn't make the NHL schedule so they aren't replacing anyone with anything. The Rogers TV contract calls for certain number of Saturday Leafs games guaranteed, outside of that it's not their call.

Saturday night Leafs tradition fading away: Feschuk | The Star

“We have in our contract a number of Leaf games on Saturday. We don’t have any input, nor do we care, whether they’re at home or on the road,” said Moore in an interview.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Calm down. You said "Rogers thought process", so I wasn't sure because Rogers doesn't make the NHL schedule so they aren't replacing anyone with anything. The Rogers TV contract calls for certain number of Saturday Leafs games guaranteed, outside of that it's not their call.

Saturday night Leafs tradition fading away: Feschuk | The Star

1. if you don't think Rogers gets to dictate who they want playing and when you are simply wrong. If Rogers wanted the Leafs on Saturday night they would get the Leafs on Saturday night. Rogers is a publicly traded company. Their business is to get as high as ratings as possible. Replacing a Toronto game with anyone else is just bad business. There is zero chance an Ottawa Montreal game will get better ratings.... if they just wanted to be nice and let Ottawa - Montreal have a token game. Then their CEO should be fired

2. Feschuk is an idiot, on par with Steve Simmons and Damien Cox

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
1. if you don't think Rogers gets to dictate who they want playing and when you are simply wrong

I have a quote from the person who actually signed the TV deal saying that the contract gives them a certain number of Saturday Leaf games, you have nothing.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
1. if you don't think Rogers gets to dictate who they want playing and when you are simply wrong. If Rogers wanted the Leafs on Saturday night they would get the Leafs on Saturday night. Rogers is a publicly traded company. Their business is to get as high as ratings as possible. Replacing a Toronto game with anyone else is just bad business. There is zero chance an Ottawa Montreal game will get better ratings.... if they just wanted to be nice and let Ottawa - Montreal have a token game. Then their CEO should be fired

Replying again after your edit.

The contract gives Rogers a certain number of guaranteed Leaf games on Saturday nights. The NHL creates the schedule to adhere to said contract, which doesn't guarantee a Leaf game every Saturday night.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Its hometown hockey too... and every Canadian team is in a few of them. So it could be part of that stuff too.

Either way Leafs just need a regulation W. That would obviously be huge.

They put up a good streak, and itd be nice to go on another 4 or 5 game win streak and get some distance from the wildcard teams.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Replace....

With...

As a little kid I could always stay up late Saturday to watch the whole game. But on a school night I had to be in bed by 9:00pm

Get a grip man, this is literally the first Saturday of the year they haven't played. The NHL schedule is an insanely complicated dance of arena availabilities, it's not as simple as Rogers unilaterally making these decisions.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Replace....

With...

So you'll be in bed by 9, get over it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Agreed. After getting swept in the first round last year, Tampa is going to be a very tough out. I also really want to see a Keefe coached Leaf team in a rematch against Boston. My only worry is Freddy being consistent in the playoffs.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I hope we win but this is definitely not a must win game as everyone is saying.

Seriously, Florida is not in our league. Look how quickly we’ve moved up the standings. I’ve said this from the start - it was always going to be Tampa, Boston, and Toronto. We’ll be fighting Tampa and Boston for top spot at the end of the season, not Florida for a wildcard spot.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad