Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers 7 pm EST, 12/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ferraro had an interesting point about goaltending. Paraphrasing but basically he said that maybe time for paying a goalie big time money like Price and Bob are getting now is over because the league has done everything to make scoring easier for years now. Goalies just can't be as impactful or dominant like before and aren't worth the money. Scary thought but makes kinda sense.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Biggest game of the year, both teams well rested. Which panthers team will show up?

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Ferraro had an interesting point about goaltending. Paraphrasing but basically he said that maybe time for paying a goalie big time money like Price and Bob are getting now is over because the league has done everything to make scoring easier for years now. Goalies just can't be as impactful or dominant like before and aren't worth the money. Scary thought but makes kinda sense.
He is absolutely right.

Reactions: Kellyr

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
No team in the nhl has more
Points than the pens since Crosby got injured. So saying we can’t beat good teams still is
Incorrect. Like it always has been .

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

That is true imo. You gotta keep the focus on which players tend to have the most impact based on the role. I'd rank the most player roles: center, defenseman, goalie, winger. A top notch center department and an above average top4 can cover a lot of deficiencies with the goalies and wingers.

Reactions: Kellyr

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In a way it might be better Bob doesn't play tomorrow, they seem to play better defense in front of D, and that might be a better formula against the Leafs' lethal offense. Especially because this team is Jekyll and Hyde from game to game. I don't trust them to play well defensively again, and they didn't even play that well defensively against the Canucks. They mostly shot themselves in the foot and turned the puck over a lot to us.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
If anyone really wants to feed Driedger to Leafs is crazy... He has been good no doubt. But the Leafs Offense is crazy scary. I think Bob would shine with a few saves

Nonetheless I think it will be back and forth

I would love to have Hawk back in but Pysky should stay in

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If anyone really wants to feed Driedger to Leafs is crazy... He has been good no doubt. But the Leafs Offense is crazy scary. I think Bob would shine with a few saves

Nonetheless I think it will be back and forth

I would love to have Hawk back in but Pysky should stay in

It will force the team to play good defensively in front of Driedger

That's my point

Reactions: Boothinator

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Already seeing big game talk. That means auto loss. Haha Guess I'm sticking to watching football tomorrow.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad