Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Dorion and Dumbass should marry each other and have a pillow talk about whose pensioners are better.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think their progression this far is certainly unlikely (even most of their own fans would agree) which is what makes for a good story.

Have to hand it to them. They are playing playoff hockey and they are winning.

All the talent on paper means nothing in the post-season. It's something the fans of teams loaded with superstars fail to understand.

Reactions: Deku

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Toronto

No Cup since 1967, no playoff round win since 2004

Montreal

No Cup since 1993, no playoff round win since 2015

I don't know, just from that aspect, I'd rather see the Habs "drought" to keep going

Even if the Leafs win a round, it doesn't change much, they won't be able to brag more about Matthews, Marner, Nylander... we already know how great they are. And if they brag about their team in general, it's not very credible with so little playoffs success in decades. They need to make the SCF IMO to be taken seriously

However if the Habs win, you'll never hear the end of how great Caufield, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Romanov (even if he doesn't play) are

CHOOSE YOUR POISON but I really think there's less annoying consequences if the Leafs win. Maybe it really depends if you live in Quebec or Ontario, medias are going to be differently annoying in both provinces.

You guys might see it that way now but I think it's going to be the opposite. Leafs were lucky to be 3-1, particularly after losing Tavares. That team is just not built for the playoffs. On top of that, they're even bigger chokers than the Sharks (what an idea to bring Thornton the eternal choker)

I think Habs make the ECF, possibly Stanley Cup finals. Leafs wouldn't have passed the Jets, wouldn't have been much of a deal if they won

If they make the ECF, that will be the 3rd time in 11 years for the Habs, which is more than most teams (and us), so I'll make sure to remind that to people talking like they are crap as it has been the case a lot this season (and even during this serie)

None of these teams are good enough to go to the cup final. I’d rather see the leafs lose again

I'll take that bet if they beat the Leafs (which I think will be the case now), maybe not the finals but the ECF (even if I'll root for the Jets)
Jets are flawed as well. They don't have a great defense at all. The Habs are solid overall, not spectacular but underrated because of how inconsistent they were this season.

Bumping a few interesting posts!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad