Sportsnet: Leafs on a roll since Nonis' stern warning

• Thread starter leafstilldeath*
  • Start date

BluPuk*

That's a good thing, obviously, but what, exactly did he say? :(

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nonis said "If you guys don't start winning, I'm going to bring back Ron Wilson."

It scared the **** out of them and you see the response, 9-1-1 in our last 11 games!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I had heard about a meeting but I thought it was a player meeting with no management involved. Not usual to hear about the GM stepping into the locker room and addressing his players during a bad slide. I'm glad it worked. Good call Nonis.

contour

Mar 31, 2011
"If you guys don't win, I'm getting ****ing Pierre McGuire to take over my job"

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I had heard about a meeting but I thought it was a player meeting with no management involved. Not usual to hear about the GM stepping into the locker room and addressing his players during a bad slide. I'm glad it worked. Good call Nonis.

no they did have a players meeting only
[but it wouldn't surprise me that Nonis talked to them after that Carolina game. twas brutal]

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
That's a good thing, obviously, but what, exactly did he say? :(

"Shape up or how does wearing an Oilers/Sabres jersey sound to you? "

to Carlyle: "I heard Laviolette is looking for a job, there might be an opening for him if Mark Fraser keeps seeing ice-time."

On another note: Nonis would probably be terrifying when he's extremely pissed off. He just has that look :naughty:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
no they did have a players meeting only
[but it wouldn't surprise me that Nonis talked to them after that Carolina game. twas brutal]

Oh well in that case, Nonis' meeting completely flew under the radar when it happened. It would make the most sense that he put some fear into them after the Carolina game since the Washington game was a much better effort despite the loss.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
"Shape up or how does wearing an Oilers/Sabres jersey sound to you? "

to Carlyle: "I heard Laviolette is looking for a job, there might be an opening for him if Mark Fraser keeps seeing ice-time."

On another note: Nonis would probably be terrifying when he's extremely pissed off. He just has that look :naughty:

He isn't a particularly intimidating guy, but a full on angry Nonis would be TERRIFYING

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He isn't a particularly intimidating guy, but a full on angry Nonis would be TERRIFYING

it's always the quiet ones.
you don't see it often - but there's that WTF gif of him and he looks PISSED.

i would not want to be around Nonis when he's truly, truly mad.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think he yelled at them. I mean, RC does that enough. I think it might have been a stern talking to but calm at the same time. Another guy coming in and yelling wouldn't do a whole heck of a lot. He was being a good cop, I think.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
When the guy who can trade you or demote you with one phone call comes in to talk to the group, you get the players attention pretty quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00