Proposal: Leafs-Oilers

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Gardener is constantly being offered for trade, I understand this is a contract issue, but he does not have the same value throughout the league. If he is as good as Leaf fans believe, resign him otherwise he is being vastly overrated.

Nurse has far more value and potential.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Gardener is constantly being offered for trade, I understand this is a contract issue, but he does not have the same value throughout the league. If he is as good as Leaf fans believe, resign him otherwise he is being vastly overrated.

Nurse has far more value and potential.
Here is a good formula for all of your posts in leaf threads

* Insert Player in OP* does not have the same value throughout the league.

Reactions: garyturner3

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
No thanks from this Oil fan. Nurse has turned into everything we hoped he would. Took a while and there were some bumps all by the way with his development curve, but he has arrived. 3rd most valuable player on the team after McD and Drai.

Reactions: PuckG

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No thanks from this Oil fan. Nurse has turned into everything we hoped he would. Took a while and there were some bumps all by the way with his development curve, but he has arrived. 3rd most valuable player on the team after McD and Drai.

Typical for young D, Rielly is finally coming around as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse still needs to tidy up a few things and work a bit more on his offensive game. That said he is showing massive improvement which is promising considering the tire fire that the Oilers season has been to date.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don’t get why Nurse keeps getting framed as a guy with zero offensive ability, and Gardiner is some offensive Dman, yet Nurse has more even strength points, and only trails him in total points because he doesn’t get a lick of PP time.

This thread was doomed from the get go because of the two fan bases, but I think there is some serious underrating of Nurse going on here. The only thing holding him back right now is a coach too dumb to realize he’d be a better option at the point on the PP than Klefbom (based on actually hitting the net with his shot). Hope we can lock him up before the breakout season gets too impressive.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Nurse is on pace for around 30 points which pretty good considering he has no power play time, while Gardiner is on pace for 40 points with power play time. So the difference in points is only 10 points, but Nurse is better defensively than Gardiner. Even if you view their defensive game as equal, I still wouldn't trade a cost controlled 22 year old top 4 defencemen for an 27 soon to be UFA defencemen.

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Real shocking thread. Unrealistic offer for a player they would not part with. Typical underrating of Kapanen due to ignorance. Perfect HF.

Value might make sense if Nurse demanded a trade but otherwise Oil does not downgrade their blueline for a prospect no matter how badly they need wingers.

They could use Kapanen, could be their #1 or 2 RW (assuming Dra is at C) but you are not going to get any respect for him on these boards.

Waste of time thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad