Proposal: Leafs-Oilers

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
To TOR: Nurse

To EDM: Gardiner + Kapanen

Really like Nurse's game and think he would do well with Babcock. On the other side, Gardiner can play all offensive situations for the Oilers (lost his PP time to Reilly in TOR) while providing lots of minutes. Kapanen is ready to fly in a top 6 scoring role and could work opposite Puljuvari (sp?) as he plays either wing.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Gardiner is REALLY REALLY good sometimes. The problem is that you can't rely on him to be that guy. I'd be scared to trade Gardiner for a younger developing guy like Nurse, especially if we have to add.

Would much rather target a guy like Petry, Vatanen, Leddy, Dumoulin, Ekholm, Trouba, Manson, Hamonic, Muzzin, Tanev. I'm not saying we could pull any of those off.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Proposing trades of 2 Canadian teams =
giphy.gif

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Nurse is quite good but I think it's too much from the Leafs. Gardiner can be really frustrating but he can be really stellar as well. Love him in the playoffs.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Kapanen is such a nothing prospect. Leaf fans acting like he is fresh off a career year the way they value him.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah Nurse is going nowhere and if by some chance he was that is not a offer that will get him. Nurse is coming into his own this year, absolute beast.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Ha no.
Nurse has been a revelation this year so far. One of the only bright spots on this team. He has future #1 written all over him.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Reactions: Raymoondo

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Went in expecting Kapanen to be shoehorned into this deal somewhere - was not disappointed.

Not interested, OP. Nurse is an absolute boss this year and seemingly getting better every game. He's only 22. Sky's the limit. Might not ever be a #1 due to his offensive limitations but a very strong #2 is very much achievable.

Reactions: McNuge and PuckG

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
From Leaf's point of view that's a heavy price.
From Oilers' point of view Kapanen is not nearly enough to entice switching from Nurse to Gardiner.

Reactions: McNuge

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Some of you Guys crack me up , how about before any of you start talking crap about Gards you do a little homework ? Whats a Dmans primary purpose ? Shot Suppression . How about doing a little research on that eh ? Surprise the guy clocks in top 3 in the league on Slot and Crease shot suppression , Reilly who you fanboys just love ? among the leagues worst Polak ranks higher than Reilly , thats right let that sink in folks , Gards is hard to watch sometimes but very effective , He also isn't going anywhere deal with it .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad