Friedman: Leafs may keep money on a Matt Martin Trade

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Next Friedman scoop:
"Lunch will be served sometime around noon today, give or take 2 hours."
Actually though, if any of the Ranger rumors are true, I could be sold on bringing Martin in. If you're going to go through the growing pains of a rebuild, you are going to lose alot. If you're going to lose, at least be entertaining. Losing and getting your ass kicked Every night is not a watchable product.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Canucks should have interest. They need a 4th liner with toughness to keep the other teams honest as they ice a skillfull young lineup next year.

However, the Canucks can most certainly just sign one in july without giving up an assett.

I also dont know if he would be a well liked guy in the dressing room after that incident w. Stecher/Miller

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
In another thread someone mentioned paying his July 1 bonus and then trading him with no salary retained and it seems like what might happen here. Isles could take him now but Leafs would prob have to retain about 1 mil each year.

Reactions: Mork

ianhawk91

Jan 19, 2015
I say it's Martin to a team for a defenceman that has a same or bigger cap that' ending this year and maybe a late pick

So something like Martin 2.5m 2 years left to Vegas for garrison 4.5m and 5th

Not to sure of high caped defense salary dumps that's why I put garrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad