OT: Leafs Lounge V135: The Bad Guy (Kyle-free Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcLeaf

Whoever has next LL, add a poll me vs Kyle. Lets get this rivalry over with. Loser leaves LL forever.

MgU54It.jpg

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
****, this is one of the nicest tracks I've heard in a while. Flow is so sharp.

Just watched the 30 for 30 documentary on Pablo Escobar / Andre Escobar and Colombian soccer during the 90's.

Crazy. Amazing documentary.

Pablo Escobar is blamed as this awful, ruthless murderer who had no sense of boundaries or morals. While true that he did influence Colombian soccer with his drug trafficking, look what happened - not only to the game - but to Colombian society as a whole after his death. It spiraled into absolute chaos.

Pablo was like a legend of the streets. He built soccer fields for kids, he built homes for the poverty stricken families, but was raised in a society that hadn't much hope. It's like nobody was becoming successful in Colombia UNLESS they were trafficking drugs.

I mean damn, crazy how some places have such instability. Really makes you put things into perspective.

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I don't listen to enough hip hop to have a top 3 but out of the big ones that came out this year I'd say Yeezus was my favorite, haven't listened to mmlp2 yet though.

I also really liked Flying Colours too (Shad) and yeah GKMC was sick, definitely a classic.

Neon Icon will be one of the greatest of all time though.

I was tired when I got home yesterday, so I decided to just kick back and listen to GKMC again.

Turned off the lights, sat on a rocking chair and started listening to it. Awesome experience. As lost as you can get in an album.

Would highly recommend.

Kendrick really did kill it with GKMC. The whole album feels like his life story on the streets. The beats were also really good (I prefer the 'softer' beats) and worked well to set the mood he was striving to set with the lyrics.

After last night, I'll say it's definitely is a classic.

Who doesn't love being at school for a test at 7:22am?

That's cruel. What course is this?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Finally done for the week.

Have to do an assignment, then going to the Knights-Colts game tonight

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Finally done for the week.

Have to do an assignment, then going to the Knights-Colts game tonight

That'll be a good game. I went to game 5 in their series in the playoffs in barrie last season. Me and my friends were some of the few Knights fans in attendance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That'll be a good game. I went to game 5 in their series in the playoffs in barrie last season. Me and my friends were some of the few Knights fans in attendance.

Yeah, i'm pretty pumped. Love seeing the Ruperts any chance I get. Add in Ekblad, Domi, Horvat, and the Dvorak kid (from the 2 times I have seen him, he looks like a stud, definitely a kid I want the Leafs to look at.

My dad has box tickets for the game tonight .. I'm jealous

Lucky Guy.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Anyone play Dragon's Dogma before? It's for free on PS+ but I don't know if I want to use up 12G of bandwidth downloading it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad