OT: Leafs Lounge #142: We Gonna' Walk Down to Electric Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, she just told me she broke up with her. She said she caught her flirting with another dude and that was pretty much what ended up being the last point. I guess you could say that she's being hypocritical for calling her out for adultery when she actually did cheat herself (abd we all know with whom :naughty:), but that isn't the most important part. The most important thing is that now she's single, so I've pretty much got an empty net breakaway here :yo:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Well, she just told me she broke up with her. She said she caught her flirting with another dude and that was pretty much what ended up being the last point. I guess you could say that she's being hypocritical for calling her out for adultery when she actually did cheat herself (abd we all know with whom :naughty:), but that isn't the most important part. The most important thing is that now she's single, so I've pretty much got an empty net breakaway here :yo:

You're in the clear bud, just don't pull a Patrick Stefan ;)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
She got mad? Oh god. She's probably one of those chicks that will do anything but then get mad if you do that same thing. Good luck on moving things forwards.

Talking of girl ****, when I went to the bar on friday, I saw my old old ex, of like a year ago, me and her dated for basically 2 years. This was really the first time we saw each other since we split up, shes now dating some dude that I was sort of friends with in high school. Anyways, last night she just randomly texted me and we talked for like a good 3 hours or so, it was weird... But man has she ever gotten hotter since i broke up with her :laugh::laugh:

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
She got mad? Oh god. She's probably one of those chicks that will do anything but then get mad if you do that same thing. Good luck on moving things forwards.

Talking of girl ****, when I went to the bar on friday, I saw my old old ex, of like a year ago, me and her dated for basically 2 years. This was really the first time we saw each other since we split up, shes now dating some dude that I was sort of friends with in high school. Anyways, last night she just randomly texted me and we talked for like a good 3 hours or so, it was weird... But man has she ever gotten hotter since i broke up with her :laugh::laugh:

Funny how that happens with ex's sometimes I've found - after awhile, you just forget any potential resentment that arose in the breakup and move on

Sucks about the bolded though :laugh: In what way is she hotter? In better shape or something?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Funny how that happens with ex's sometimes I've found - after awhile, you just forget any potential resentment that arose in the breakup and move on

Sucks about the bolded though :laugh: In what way is she hotter? In better shape or something?
Nah she was never out of shape, just more mature looking now, dyed her hair blonde and it looks good. But yeah a year is a long time and i guess she put it to good use :laugh:

Ace88*

Honestly Swervs, here's some genuine bro advice.

Don't pursue anything with that girl of yours. She's bad news and will **** you over harder and faster than the daft punk song. You'd be a damn fool to try and get into a relationship with her, or even hook up with her again. Hate to be a buzzkill, but see username

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Don't pursue anything with that girl of yours. She's bad news and will **** you over harder and faster than the daft punk song. You'd be a damn fool to try and get into a relationship with her, or even hook up with her again. Hate to be a buzzkill, but see username

Completely reasonable VOR - I agree with you here

Thing being it's Swerv's first girlfriend (right?) so my thoughts are just to have fun with her for now, but don't get completely consumed by her .. She sounds a little off in the head so it's important you keep your independence and do what you want to do

Odds are you won't be attached to this girl forever but that doesn't mean you can't have fun in the process .. Just learn from it and use it as a guide to figure out what you want out of life

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

I understand where you're coming from. I know that she sounds like a bit of a nutcase, but around me, she never once has done anything nutty in a negative way towards me.

Plus, remember my situation. This is my first girl, and she is one of few girls who would even talk to me, let alone want to actually be in a romantic relationship... at this point, I'm just taking what I can get. Plus, I really am infatuated with her. She's amazing, and I never felt this strongly about a girl before. When a girl you are completely infatuated with wants to be with you, I don't think you would say no either, even if people around you thought something was seriously wrong with her.

I understand your concern, and I do hear you and appreciate you looking out for me, but I feel like this is the right move. Besides, this is also a good experience builder. If it doesn't work out, oh well. Good experience for the future.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I understand where you're coming from. I know that she sounds like a bit of a nutcase, but around me, she never once has done anything nutty in a negative way towards me.

Plus, remember my situation. This is my first girl, and she is one of few girls who would even talk to me, let alone want to actually be in a romantic relationship... at this point, I'm just taking what I can get. Plus, I really am infatuated with her. She's amazing, and I never felt this strongly about a girl before. When a girl you are completely infatuated with wants to be with you, I don't think you would say no either, even if people around you thought something was seriously wrong with her.

I understand your concern, and I do hear you and appreciate you looking out for me, but I feel like this is the right move. Besides, this is also a good experience builder. If it doesn't work out, oh well. Good experience for the future.

• She is
  • Doesn't mean she's not. It'll come out at some point in front of you
  • That's a terrible attitude towards relationships. 'Taking what you can get'? Have some self-respect, man
  • Reading about her that she's a cheater and clearly self-centered, no one SHOULD
  • It really isn't.

Ace88*

What do you think is the point of a relationship? She is a total nutcase. She cheated on her girlfriend with you. She'll do the same thing to you. How would you feel if you did get into a serious relationship with her (as you seem to want to do) and 8 months from now after you've said you love her (which you don't, and won't) she cheats on you with a girl? Or even another guy? That wouldn't be good experience. That's terrible experience.

Go ahead and do what you want, but i've seen this story before and it never ends well. Im just trying to help you avoid a giant headache that i promise you won't be worth it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
What do you think is the point of a relationship? She is a total nutcase. She cheated on her girlfriend with you. She'll do the same thing to you. How would you feel if you did get into a serious relationship with her (as you seem to want to do) and 8 months from now after you've said you love her (which you don't, and won't) she cheats on you with a girl? Or even another guy? That wouldn't be good experience. That's terrible experience.

Go ahead and do what you want, but i've seen this story before and it never ends well. Im just trying to help you avoid a giant headache that i promise you won't be worth it.

You don't think I'm aware that she could cheat on me just as easily as she cheated on her girl to get me? That's the very reason I initially rebuffed her advances until I just gave up. I'm actually expecting her to cheat on me, so when it does happen, I won't be too disappointed and stunned because I saw it coming. Hell, even if it was the most faithful girl in the history in the world, I would expect her to cheat on me for the same reason.

There's a reason why I didn't feel so heartbroken and stunned by game 7.

Is this a bad attitude to have? Absolutely. Does it work for me, though? Absolutely. You are right, and I know you are and fully admit I can pretty much guarantee she will cheat again, but no matter how much I try to fight common sense, my infatuation for her pretty much trumps that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You don't think I'm aware that she could cheat on me just as easily as she cheated on her girl to get me? That's the very reason I initially rebuffed her advances until I just gave up. I'm actually expecting her to cheat on me, so when it does happen, I won't be too disappointed and stunned because I saw it coming. Hell, even if it was the most faithful girl in the history in the world, I would expect her to cheat on me for the same reason.

You say these things now, but its completely different when it actually happens.

Having a girl that you love break your heart is 1000000x worse than game 7 lmao... The 2 arent even comparable. Also IMO theres no point to try and further yourself with someone if you just expect them to cheat on you or do stupid ****, completely wrong way to look at a relationship.

Ace88*

Is this a bad attitude to have? Absolutely. Does it work for me, though? Absolutely. You are right, and I know you are and fully admit I can pretty much guarantee she will cheat again, but no matter how much I try to fight common sense, my infatuation for her pretty much trumps that.

Then your lack of willpower indicates you got a lot of growing up to do before you can properly call yourself a man. Is that harsh? Totally, but you gotta be able to control your impulses. You dictate who you go out with/date, not teenage infatuation that you know will **** you over.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Then your lack of willpower indicates you got a lot of growing up to do before you can properly call yourself a man. Is that harsh? Totally, but you gotta be able to control your impulses. You dictate who you go out with/date, not teenage infatuation that you know will **** you over.

First of all, I am manic-depressive, so if between me and her, you wanted to know who is more of a nutcase and ****ed in the head, it's me. Unless she was a schizo, there is no way she is more ****ed in the head than I am.

Secondly, I actually am a teenager.

Thirdly, I know it can likely **** me over and I accept that fact fully, but I'd rather be loved then heartbroken than never loved at all. Given how rare an opportunity this is for me and how I would regret WAAAAAAYYYYYY more not having taken it than taking it and getting ****ed over, this is a decision I feel is right.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just looking out for your best interests Swerv .. Have fun with her for the time being, but always make sure you're doing what's best for you

Once you get attached it's hard to detach, that can lead to the girl abusing the situation and leaving you hurt (emotionally) .. It should never reach that point but if it does you've gotta realize you have to move on

If you were older and stuff, I'd be more on board with what VOR, Hurt, and Peasy .. But overall you have to learn from life - and sometimes you have to make those mistakes in order to learn

Ps. Peasy - that game 7 was pretty devastating ... :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just looking out for your best interests Swerv .. Have fun with her for the time being, but always make sure you're doing what's best for you

Once you get attached it's hard to detach, that can lead to the girl abusing the situation and leaving you hurt (emotionally) .. It should never reach that point but if it does you've gotta realize you have to move on

If you were older and stuff, I'd be more on board with what VOR, Hurt, and Peasy .. But overall you have to learn from life - and sometimes you have to make those mistakes in order to learn

Yeah, I hear you. I hear everyone. As you said, good learning experience. As an 18 year old, I at least gotta have something to go on.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Its was a different type of devastation ;)

Ace88*

First of all, I am manic-depressive, so if between me and her, you wanted to know who is more of a nutcase and ****ed in the head, it's me. Unless she was a schizo, there is no way she is more ****ed in the head than I am.

Secondly, I actually am a teenager.

Thirdly, I know it can likely **** me over and I accept that fact fully, but I'd rather be loved then heartbroken than never loved at all. Given how rare an opportunity this is for me and how I would regret WAAAAAAYYYYYY more not having taken it than taking it and getting ****ed over, this is a decision I feel is right.

Then you really, really should heed what's being said here. This is absolutely not a situation a manic depressive should get into. I know you want the experience, but as older dudes we've been where you are and we're just trying to look out for you man. But, since you're going to do it anyways lol...just for christ's sake use protection. Getting her pregnant would just be so typical of this retrded situation.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, you ****ed her, and from the sounds of it you should chuck her.

However it's your decision. Don't be surprised if this ends badly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Then you really, really should heed what's being said here. This is absolutely not a situation a manic depressive should get into. I know you want the experience, but as older dudes we've been where you are and we're just trying to look out for you man. But, since you're going to do it anyways lol...just for christ's sake use protection. Getting her pregnant would just be so typical of this retrded situation.

That fits this story like the glass shoe fit cinderella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad