Post-Game Talk: Leafs loses to Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Why can't the Leafs ever make it easy on themselves and just put the damn puck in the damn empty net when given the chance to do so?!?!?!?! Other teams can do it why can't the Leafs?? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Leafs were playing well until they weren't. Just don't understand why they can't hold a damn lead when they get one so many times???
I know I posted this in another thread awhile ago, it just works at so many levels, though. Enjoy it again.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
There is the Samsonov I know and HATE.

I CAN'T WAIT for that piece of shit to be gone.

Can't wait for ass kissers to bring up the breakaway save he made in OT not realizing that it shouldn't have gotten to OT because he was up by 2 with under 2 minutes to go.

A real goaltender wins a game when he's up 4-2 with under 2 minutes to go.
Maybe the defenders should tie up the forwards in front of the net so they don't have a free tip?

Reactions: TMLife17 and Ports

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Can't wait for ass kissers to bring up the breakaway save he made in OT not realizing that it shouldn't have gotten to OT because he was up by 2 with under 2 minutes to go.

I was never a fan of Samsonov

But that's not on him. He kept us in the game and made some great saves
He did his job and did it really well. Really good game by him

You are spelling Matthews name wrong

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This may be the overreaction of the season... it can blow up in our face. It would be signal to the rest of the league we imploding, and we have not played badly the last 10 or so games.... sure there are moments when we desire more, but to blow it up, could just send this team in to death spiral. You basically need a great coach to jump in and everyone has to buy in.... if anything goes wrong. It would be like imploding before the playoffs, we many never recover from the tail spin.

I don't think there is enough to fire the coach. We need like a 5 game losing streak or something.

You let Keefe coach the playoffs then fire him when he costs us a series. There’s a reason why many good coaches are still available. They all know the Leafs job will be available shortly!

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Leave it to this team to lose after leading 3-0 and then 4-2 with two minutes left.

Overall the game was pretty good, though. It could have gone either way.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'd often agree but in this case you're putting the Hurricanes on a pedestal - unless your critique is just about the Leafs and not so much praising Carolina. The Leafs made enough mistakes to lose but were ultimately sunk by their garbage coach and the leagues garbage officiating. The latter of which lead directly to two late goals.

I don't usually blame games on the refs, but this one I'm close. In the end though you can't get scored on with 2 and 5 seconds left in a period. The special teams need some serious work.

Carolina is a good team but I don't think tonight was really indicative of that imo.
Those same refs gifted the Leafs a power play in overtime. You can't blame the refs. The Leafs lost because their penalty killing is problem.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017

Ridiculous. Blaming Samsonov for Aho's goals? The tying goal with 2 Canes in front screening. Tough loss, but the Canes are a good team too.

These are 2 elite teams, Leafs without Marner and got a bad call against and still it came down to the last seconds. Will be a great series if the Leafs meet the Canes in the ECF.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
This may be the overreaction of the season... it can blow up in our face. It would be signal to the rest of the league we imploding, and we have not played badly the last 10 or so games.... sure there are moments when we desire more, but to blow it up, could just send this team in to death spiral. You basically need a great coach to jump in and everyone has to buy in.... if anything goes wrong. It would be like imploding before the playoffs, we many never recover from the tail spin.

I don't think there is enough to fire the coach. We need like a 5 game losing streak or something.
it should have been done already honestly, and i remember st louis doing it recently and winning the cup. clearly it wont solve everything, but keefe isnt the answer as a coach. he makes just as many mistakes as the players do on a game to game basis

Reactions: OddyOh

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Questionable coaching from Keefe having Nylander out twice to try to defend a lead… he’s not that type of player…

And for the love of god someone ask him about the garbage PK and PP,.. yet again this is another sign of what your going to see in the playoffs, where our team special teams costs us the game, it’s pathetic.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

No matter how good he's been these last 15 games or so... he still can't be trusted

I haven't trusted a goalie here since Belfour, that's how bad the goalie situation has been in this city

Samsonov is just another car in the train... and will be gone in due time

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
Does Matthews ever do anything?

Last month he has been a cap dump

Why does he have these awful stretches of play.

When Marner comes back he needs to make this guy useful again
No he never does anything 55 goals what a joke. This fan base is the worst in the history of sports that is if some of you are even fans and not trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad