Post-Game Talk: Leafs loses to Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
A discouraging performance from the boys last night. I don't know if they try to dig deep and there's nothing there to draw from or they just don't dig deep enough but failing to close that game out was pathetic. That was the worst I've seen Carolina play in years and they still punched us in the gut and stole our lunch money. Please stop extending the golden girls, they're not the answer. Let's try something different.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
A discouraging performance from the boys last night. I don't know if they try to dig deep and there's nothing there to draw from or they just don't dig deep enough but failing to close that game out was pathetic. That was the worst I've seen Carolina play in years and they still punched us in the gut and stole our lunch money. Please stop extending the golden girls, they're not the answer. Let's try something different.
Absolutely bad game. Nylander is starting to piss me off with his soft play and uninspired moves on offense. He needs to play for keeps.

Matthews and Marner I think have another level to them and will have a playoff heater in them at some point.

I'm not moving on from any of them that's crazy talk.

Reactions: Its not your fault

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Look at this from the perspective that the referees are not incompetent. That they are actually very good, and there are four of them patrolling a small area so they see everything. (Unlike the lone soccer ref on a huge field by himself). Then trust your own eyes. Remarkable how the whole thing becomes crystal clear.
Clear as mud. If there are 4 officials out there, all the more reason not to miss high sticks to the face, obvious obstruction, and make inconsistent or phantom calls. Last night’s crew bordered on deliberate game management calls like the ticky tack one on Kampf with a few minutes left and the missed call on the mugging of Matthews when we were up. Btw, the incompetence wasn’t just displayed against the Leafs. That call in OT was an obvious phantom call to makeup for their earlier mistakes.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
MLSE happy with that. They've not canvassed the past few years to have an obviously stupid policy changed, have they? Some dummy at NHL headquarters thought this seeding s**t up, so some other dummy could now come up with an alternative.
Fair enough. You'd think a team like the Leafs that is the most valued in the league in terms of money would have some pull with the league.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Ridiculous. Blaming Samsonov for Aho's goals? The tying goal with 2 Canes in front screening. Tough loss, but the Canes are a good team too.

These are 2 elite teams, Leafs without Marner and got a bad call against and still it came down to the last seconds. Will be a great series if the Leafs meet the Canes in the ECF.
Eastern Conference Finals? Lets get through Round 1 first. Canes are a team at least that can get there. What is this team?

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Maybe some of you fans are happy with mediocrity (your post history confirms it) but many of us want to go beyond 1st round exits with over-payed players that in all honesty don't seem to give a rats ass if they win or lose. Again with Bobby McMann, what are you his Mother?
Bobby McMann is playing well. As a smart coach, Sheldon has recognized this and rewarded him accordingly. Even the media guys noted how well Bobby McMann is playing.

Well, it's wonderful that you have the magical ability to be to tell that the "over-paid players" don't care if they win or lose. Maybe if they put on an act for the cameras and break a stick or give a Hollywood Movie speech that will convince you they care because that of course is the only sign that a player cares :rolleyes:

Btw, what over-paid players are you referring to? Matthews who is setting records? Nylander? The leading scorer and 7th overall in the entire league?

Eastern Conference Finals? Lets get through Round 1 first. Canes are a team at least that can get there. What is this team?

The Canes, Leafs, Rangers and Panthers are all legit contenders. Things are so close in the playoffs and depends on a lot of things, but the Leafs are 100% capable of winning and beating the Panthers and Bruins and even the Canes or Rangers if things go their way.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
I have total confidence in almost everybody on this team it's Sammy and to a significantly lesser extent Lilly that I don't have confidence in.

I even have a certain amount of confidence in Woll if he can stay healthy.

But Samsonov?

Nah he's awful
Samsonov is not awful. He played well last night and has been playing well.
However, I do agree, I think Woll will be the guy for the playoffs. Injuries are always a question mark.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
IMG_1615.jpeg

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Bobby McMann is playing well. As a smart coach, Sheldon has recognized this and rewarded him accordingly. Even the media guys noted how well Bobby McMann is playing.

Well, it's wonderful that you have the magical ability to be to tell that the "over-paid players" don't care if they win or lose. Maybe if they put on an act for the cameras and break a stick or give a Hollywood Movie speech that will convince you they care because that of course is the only sign that a player cares :rolleyes:

Btw, what over-paid players are you referring to? Matthews who is setting records? Nylander? The leading scorer and 7th overall in the entire league?

The Canes, Leafs, Rangers and Panthers are all legit contenders. Things are so close in the playoffs and depends on a lot of things, but the Leafs are 100% capable of winning and beating the Panthers and Bruins and even the Canes or Rangers if things go their way.
Leafs were "capable" of winning every playoff series in the past 7 years. That's not saying very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad