Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2009
Honestly in true Leaf playoff form;
3 goal lead blown
2 goals in the final 2 minutes
Lose the game when nobody shows up in the OT/shootout

This team is #ready for the playoffs
Ice Chips: Leafs' Lyubushkin expected in the lineup vs. Hurricanes
A discouraging performance from the boys last night. I don't know if they try to dig deep and there's nothing there to draw from or they just don't dig deep enough but failing to close that game out was pathetic. That was the worst I've seen Carolina play in years and they still punched us in the gut and stole our lunch money. Please stop extending the golden girls, they're not the answer. Let's try something different.

They were about to win but thos epesky refs called it at t

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Sammy would’ve been eaten alive if he let in those goals. Hurrr durrr an unscreened shot from JT lol, swimming in the Galapagos on the Willy one, lol shades of toskala and David Kampf? Trash goalie close your legs, open wider than a $2 hooker. It would’ve been insane even though they were all breakaways.
Maybe JT's goal, but Willy's was a thing of beauty, Robertson's was a perfect shot in the top corner, and Kampf's was a quick five-hole. All four the shooter in all alone.

I agree there are a few odd posters who will blame Sammy for every goal, but that doesn't mean they are right.

But if course I said 'saves' not 'goals', so you're arguing against something that wasn't said.

Reactions: TMLife17

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Someone will need to explain to me why Nylander is on the ice when leading with less than 2 mins remaining. Softest, most useless forward in the D-zone.

Reactions: banks and Sniper99
Sep 18, 2009
How many million people died in last night's game?
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.

Reactions: Devonator

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Someone will need to explain to me why Nylander is on the ice when leading with less than 2 mins remaining. Softest, most useless forward in the D-zone.
Considering that he's one of our better PKers this year (and seems to be the only one who can hit an empty net right now), I don't mind it. More of a puzzle is why JT was out there, as he's slower, worse defensively, and doesn't PK.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Because Marner and Jarnkrok are currently injured and the organization hasn't been proactive enough developing those sorts of defensive skills in the minors

Guys like McMann, Robertson and Knies should be developing those skills right now so we aren't screwed if we get a couple of injuries to the wrong guys

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Clear as mud. If there are 4 officials out there, all the more reason not to miss high sticks to the face, obvious obstruction, and make inconsistent or phantom calls. Last night’s crew bordered on deliberate game management calls like the ticky tack one on Kampf with a few minutes left and the missed call on the mugging of Matthews when we were up. Btw, the incompetence wasn’t just displayed against the Leafs. That call in OT was an obvious phantom call to makeup for their earlier mistakes.
I said the same thing as you, my friend, just in a more convoluted way. Simpler, to-the-point language, then: most Leaf games are fixed. Cheers!

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Our Leafs choked .. bottom line thats on Keefer .. he did not play to win at all costs in final 2 minutes .. so many questionable lineup decisions in last 2 minutes .. but bottom line you CAN'T have BRODIE out on ice at end of game .. Keefer yes he is a vet but he is WASHED .. get Benoit back in too .. Benoit and McCabe are 2 guys who are gonna carry us in Boston series .. you know it and everyone in Hot Stove club group knows it too .. end of game scenario is very very very simple .. Boosh and Edmunston and then McCabe and Benoit .. thats it thats all .. Lily and Rielly sit .. Brodie if you want 7D is da 7th D .. give a team a chance Keefer (and you too Shanny .. grow up)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Our Leafs choked .. bottom line thats on Keefer .. he did not play to win at all costs in final 2 minutes .. so many questionable lineup decisions in last 2 minutes .. but bottom line you CAN'T have BRODIE out on ice at end of game .. Keefer yes he is a vet but he is WASHED .. get Benoit back in too .. Benoit and McCabe are 2 guys who are gonna carry us in Boston series .. you know it and everyone in Hot Stove club group knows it too .. end of game scenario is very very very simple .. Boosh and Edmunston and then McCabe and Benoit .. thats it thats all .. Lily and Rielly sit .. Brodie if you want 7D is da 7th D .. give a team a chance Keefer (and you too Shanny .. grow up)
It's hard to sit Brodie, given what he's contributed here in the past, and his career... but it's almost like it needs to happen.

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019

Good point. I've defended Keefe many times. I was a big fan for most of his tenure here. But I can't remember the last time I thought he did something bold and smart. I've disagreed with most choices he's mad in the last 2 months or so.

Nylander shouldn't be defending a lead, especially when Carolina was pouring it on so strong in the last part of the 3rd.

I also disagree with the shootout lineup. It's a coin toss, so I can't complain much. But Nylander and Domi were the wrong guys.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Our fan base is kind of funny when it comes to Keefe... he changes the lines, and half the fans are mad, that he's making too many changes close to the playoffs, or that they know better what the lines should be.. don't change the lines, and people are mad too... Maybe some people just like to be mad.

In the end, we win some series in the playoffs, Keefe stays, we lose... he's out. It has to be at least one series, maybe two... tall order.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
so many questionable lineup decisions in last 2 minutes .. but bottom line you CAN'T have BRODIE out on ice at end of game .. Keefer yes he is a vet but he is WASHED ..
He’s not an NHL coach. We need Quenville.

Tavares shouldn’t see 1 second of OT other than offensive zone face off.

Brodie isn’t the guy with the man pulled.

get Benoit back in too .. Benoit and McCabe are 2 guys who are gonna carry us in Boston series ..
Florida

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I mean, we probably win if we don't take an absolutely boneheaded penalty near the end of regulation. Bad enough it was JT, but pretty much our only regular PKing forward. They are going to call that 9/10 times (because they never call anything consistently enough to say 10/10) and it was dumb and it cost us.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Good point. I've defended Keefe many times. I was a big fan for most of his tenure here. But I can't remember the last time I thought he did something bold and smart. I've disagreed with most choices he's mad in the last 2 months or so.

Nylander shouldn't be defending a lead, especially when Carolina was pouring it on so strong in the last part of the 3rd.

I also disagree with the shootout lineup. It's a coin toss, so I can't complain much. But Nylander and Domi were the wrong guys.
With Marner and Jarnkrok out, Kampf, Gregor, and Nylander were the forwards with the most PK time, so it made some sense.

The bigger question is why was JT out there?

Nylander had scored on him on a breakaway earlier that game, and has the second most goals.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad