Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to the tampa bay horseshoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We were beat by Vasilevskiy and the post. I liked this game because I learned a lot about our weakness' going forward and trying to win in the PO. It was a really great learning experience.

Have you not watched all year?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What ya gunna do?

The boys showed up and played a great game, we were competitive, showed no quit and really pushed Tampa at every opportunity

Unfortunately we ran into one of the finest goaltending performances I've seen for quite some time combined with zero puck luck

It happens, but I know one thing for sure, we play like this consistently good things are going to happen

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It was unfair. Boys against men, and it showed in every facet of the game.

Some of the highlights -- 5 TB players engage in a scrum with 2 Leafs players and of course no Leafs player shows up.

Tavares gets rocked by Cernak or whatever, stares him down, and nobody on the Leafs flinches.

This whole "our PP will be our enforcer" is going to end up with the Leafs not only losing, but getting emasculated like the Sedins against the Bruins.

Matthews needs to start showing up for big games. When it comes to big games he's either injured or choking (which is injurious too I guess).

Comparing Vasi to Andersen is like comparing an NHL goaltender to Sparks.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I'll post this again...

I like Marner...but he didn't figure into this game, nor was he a difference maker in the last loss to Boston...gotta show up for big games...media folks still think this RFA winger worth $9 to $10 million? ROFL. And how many goals does he have?

I like Matthews too...but c'mon $12 to $13 million McDavid money?! McDavid is the best player in the league.

$8.5 for Marner...$10.5 for Matthews and call it a day.

Also, Dubas needs to show Marner and Matthews this game and tell them if you want to compete against this team (with guys like Hedman, Stamkos, and Kucherov signed to great deals) and surpass them to win a Cup or 2, they need to be fair with their asks when negotiating their contract (and not ask for the moon)!

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Can't wait for the extra 13 million in cap space after Marleau, Hainsey and Gardiner leave town. Leafs are getting exposed for being a very top-heavy team

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Imagine what Wendel would do to this new NHL. he would be a superstar and not have to sacrifice his body. He would be the ideal new age player that we so desperately lack on this team. i still hold firm we are at least two years away. Even when we win i am left uninpressed except a few games out of thirty.

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Can't be mad about that effort.

Half the people in here are mad when we win when Freddy is hot and opportunistic scoring....well this is what the other side looks like.

Loved watching this game minus Freddy. Need to get going on the PP again but otherwise we win a lot of games playing like this.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Breaking News: Tampa Bay has decided to change their logo from lightning bolt to

horseshoe-concho-antique-silver-plate-7401-05-1200_1200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad