Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to Grand Rapids Griffins; is anyone really surprised?

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
This team already found a way to lose to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers recently, so them losing to a depleted Red Wings team is not only possible, but almost certainly probable. We love to scale our level of play down to that of our opponents, which explains why we often beat teams that we probably shouldn't (LA, Anaheim, Chicago, etc) and typically lose games that we should win, against bottom feeders (Washington, NYI, Buffalo, Carolina, etc).

I posted this before the game and was called out for it. The Leafs are the most predictable team in sport.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Embarrassing Loss

Absolutely horrible performance against a team that was ripe for killing. Typical lazy, arrogant effort, only trying late into the game. The first line in particular was awful, besides Kessel taking a bunch of shots from the outside they were completely dominated at 5 on 5 and got burned hard, though JVR got lucky at the end there. Kadri line was the best line but they couldn't finish their chances.

Franson was just awful and Phaneuf was pretty bad too, looks like he's nursing an injury.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Absolutely horrible performance against a team that was ripe for killing. Typical lazy, arrogant effort, only trying late into the game. The first line in particular was awful, besides Kessel taking a bunch of shots from the outside they were completely dominated at 5 on 5 and got burned hard, though JVR got lucky at the end there. Kadri line was the best line but they couldn't finish their chances.

Franson was just awful and Phaneuf was pretty bad too, looks like he's nursing an injury.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Sigh....

only positive is that the forwards have got to start scoring again, and we know how dynamic that can be. Would be great if they all started firing again at once. say, tomorrow?

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Gardiner might have scored the 1st goal but overall I am starting to really think we need to trade him while his value is high.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Leafs outshoot the wings 33-31 as well. Maybe the Leafs should go back to getting outshot, that seems to work

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Confidence boost for undermanned Detroit in addition to the two points.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Reimer just isn't Bernier. Simple as that.

I really hope Bernier manages to come back for the game against Montreal.

TB tomorrow is a write off, we're not winning that game against a rested TB team...we can't even play well on the first night of a back to back, so winning on the 2nd night is near impossible for this team.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Loose defense from Gleason loses this one.

23 year old Gardiner continues to disappoint with his incredible playmaking ability - a telltale sign of inferior hockey IQ.

James Reimer lets in 3 goals off of 2 breakaways and a 2 on 1. Scrub.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Absolutely pathetic. To come out with that effort against such a depleted lineup is absolutely unacceptable.

They make everything so god damn difficult. Wouldn't be surprised if they choked away a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad