Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose, Ottawa, Devils & Nashville pass Leafs

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This was just one more embarrassing performance on a season full of them.

It just looks like these guys simply don't care about anything.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

They only care about the money making it into their bank accounts! They don't get paid during the playoffs, so, why bother making it into the post season???

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Why can't tankers simply say something like one of the following:

• It might be better for the Leafs long-term future if they lost and possibly get a better draft pick.
  • Well, the silver lining in losing is that the Leafs will get a better draft pick.
  • The Leafs could use another top prospect or two, so maybe losing and getting a better draft pick wouldn't be a bad thing.

Instead, they come on these boards and cheer for the Leafs to lose and disparage players who might have a good game and cause the Leafs to win. It would seem to be a behavior that is designed to aggravate a portion of the community. Should it be considered trolling?

Its why I consider these people non-fans. They truly aren't fans, and don't post at all, during a
winning. They try mask it saying they're sensible Leaf fans, but I think they're really just closet haters.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

you should be happy, we get a better mystery box now. even better if we lose to Ottawa, amirite??

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
you should be happy, we get a better mystery box now. even better if we lose to Ottawa, amirite??

I'm thrilled, I embrace the suckage.

plus, the more they play like this, the more they show what they have deep down inside.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
This franchise is in desperate need of something good to happen. Something like winning the draft lottery. They should just put the fix in, throw us a bone NHL for **** sakes.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This franchise is in desperate need of something good to happen. Something like winning the draft lottery. They should just put the fix in, throw us a bone NHL for **** sakes.

well then Shanny should of stayed where he was and do all he can to get lord Gary the cup where he needs it most.:naughty:

I just don't know what US city that is.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
well then Shanny should of stayed where he was and do all he can to get lord Gary the cup where he needs it most.:naughty:

I just don't know what US city that is.

Coyotes, maybe even the Jackets?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Dion needs to go as an outsider.

What did you all think of Kessel body language yesterday after the loss? He look so defeated and dejected. Has he been like that since the losing streak or just of late?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Wow! we have a top 10 pick now!! LMFAO Utter epic failure on this team. It's good though, at least we're not picking 13th or 14th in complete no man's land. Now we have a chance of drafting/trading up to get a better prospect.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Dion needs to go as an outsider.

What did you all think of Kessel body language yesterday after the loss? He look so defeated and dejected. Has he been like that since the losing streak or just of late?

that body language happens most of the time and for different reasons.

if he gets hit hard

hit by the puck or stick

had to back check real hard

he misses a great scoring chance

I am glad you brought this up

it shows you have an eye for "the little things , tell tale signs"

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
that body language happens most of the time and for different reasons.

if he gets hit hard

hit by the puck or stick

had to back check real hard

he misses a great scoring chance

I am glad you brought this up

it shows you have an eye for "the little things , tell tale signs"

What a bunch of garbage.

this is the problem with a lot of Leaf fans, there's been so little talent they don't appreciate it when they do have it.

let's trade Kessel for picks!!!!!11!!! :shakehead

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

And if Kessel or another player scored a hat trick and they won, we'd be hearing about the meaningless hat trick that cost the leafs draft position for years from people like you.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
And if Kessel or another player scored a hat trick and they won, we'd be hearing about the meaningless hat trick that cost the leafs draft position for years from people like you.

Maybe Kessel will come up big next game verses the Sens.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
He's hoping to post something to effect that "nice that Phil shows up when it doesn't matter".

the fact that Kessel has carried this team offensively all season is, of course, irrelevant in this thought process.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Just here to say that whereas a few days ago I thought our last game would be meaningless, it now seem to be worth watching. I'll head out to Real Sports in Ottawa for it. Should be a good atmosphere.

Since the sens don't own our own 1st rounder, we can cheer for a win with no reservations. I suppose that's some small measure of consolation for not having a first.....but not really.

Can I ask you guys if you really honnestly value moving down the standings a spot or two over beating Ottawa if it means you finish ahead of the sens in the final standings ? (i know that we have a game in hand, but assume not)

If the tables were turned, and the sens could improve our draft spot, I have to think that I would still be cheering with all my heart to beat you guys.

Pride has to win the day IMO, and I think that a lot of people calling for the tank job will be happy to beat the sens in the end.

I hope both our teams get their acts together soon so we can meet in the playoffs for some awesome hockey for years to come ! :yo:

Kyle Doobas*

Just here to say that whereas a few days ago I thought our last game would be meaningless, it now seem to be worth watching. I'll head out to Real Sports in Ottawa for it. Should be a good atmosphere.

Since the sens don't own our own 1st rounder, we can cheer for a win with no reservations. I suppose that's some small measure of consolation for not having a first.....but not really.

Can I ask you guys if you really honnestly value moving down the standings a spot or two over beating Ottawa if it means you finish ahead of the sens in the final standings ? (i know that we have a game in hand, but assume not)

If the tables were turned, and the sens could improve our draft spot, I have to think that I would still be cheering with all my heart to beat you guys.

Pride has to win the day IMO, and I think that a lot of people calling for the tank job will be happy to beat the sens in the end.

I hope both our teams get their acts together soon so we can meet in the playoffs for some awesome hockey for years to come ! :yo:
After three historic collapses, three years in a row, I don't know if there's any pride to play for anymore with this group. :laugh:

I'm 100% hoping for a loss + improved draft position.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Can I ask you guys if you really honnestly value moving down the standings a spot or two over beating Ottawa if it means you finish ahead of the sens in the final :

I really don't. I'd prefer to beat the sens 100%..

But I can guarantee you the majority here would rather lose the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad