Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose, Ottawa, Devils & Nashville pass Leafs

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Bozos -29 in 2010 equate for all of that basically.

This year Kadri is -11 not playing against top lines
Bozo +2 playing against all the top lines

What have you done for me lately.

Bozo simply has been a better player this season. No reason to get butt hurt about it. I hope they both get better

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Bozo simply has been a better player this season. No reason to get butt hurt about it. I hope they both get better

Teams don't always match top lines against top lines. Anyway we lost we're tanking its what we wanted so people shouldn't be complaining. I'm happy, guys are doing the right thing going for a change. Sheesh we can't be hoping they tank and laughing that they lose at the same time.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

That one is on Ron Wilson. You don't put a player that only had 32 NHL games with a 100 ft Kessel straight out of college.

What are people expecting?

Kadri has 300 pro games under his belt and is -11, with only 50 points this season.

If he can ever be as good as Bozak is this season, we will have a good 2 way player.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No... lets try it again.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel is a successful line. You want to destroy the only successful line we have, because Kadri might have more individual skill? You want to break the only thing that isn't broken on this entire team? Do you cheer for the Leafs or Kadri highlights? A smart person would see that maybe the Leafs need another line with chemistry. You destroy that one line and suddenly we have no lines with chemistry.

JFJ is that you? Put down the individual player pompoms. You Kadri fanatics are just as annoying as the Reimer worshippers.

Bozak fanatics are even more annoying.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario

Not arguing , just pointing something out.I like both players but to be fair if Kadri played with Kessell and JVR all year and Bozak played with Lupul and Clarkson all year there would have been different results.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, sounds like I missed a real barn burner. :sarcasm:

Glad we lost. Bring Reimer back for the next game and the tank should be complete!

But, we may actually beat Ottawa. They're also crappy.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Not arguing , just pointing something out.I like both players but to be fair if Kadri played with Kessell and JVR all year and Bozak played with Lupul and Clarkson all year there would have been different results.

Am I the only one remembering that Kadri did play with JvR/Kessel for a substantial stretch this year???

They had one REALLY good game against Edmonton, and they sucked for the most part.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why can't tankers simply say something like one of the following:

• It might be better for the Leafs long-term future if they lost and possibly get a better draft pick.
  • Well, the silver lining in losing is that the Leafs will get a better draft pick.
  • The Leafs could use another top prospect or two, so maybe losing and getting a better draft pick wouldn't be a bad thing.

Instead, they come on these boards and cheer for the Leafs to lose and disparage players who might have a good game and cause the Leafs to win. It would seem to be a behavior that is designed to aggravate a portion of the community. Should it be considered trolling?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Picking 9th or 10th doesn't mean jack squat to me, equal chance that the 10th player selected turns out better than the 9th anyway. I wanna **** the sens up on Saturday.

GO LEAFS GO

can't say I will be really upset if we lose tho.....

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

• It might be better for the Leafs long-term future if they lost and possibly get a better draft pick.
  • Well, the silver lining in losing is that the Leafs will get a better draft pick.
  • The Leafs could use another top prospect or two, so maybe losing and getting a better draft pick wouldn't be a bad thing.

Instead, they come on these boards and cheer for the Leafs to lose and disparage players who might have a good game and cause the Leafs to win. It would seem to be a behavior that is designed to aggravate a portion of the community. Should it be considered trolling?

47 years of failure says no.

Also, the disparaging remarks are just a way for us to deal with our disappointment. We'd all love to be going into the playoffs in a good position, but we're not making it at all, so let's get a good pick and laugh along the way.

Man, we suck. :laugh:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Yes, it should be considered trolling! It bothers me no end to read posts encouraging our/my Leafs to LOSE. I can't stand it in fact. It takes every inch of self-control I have to prevent myself from getting an infraction!!!

Yes, I want any supposed Leafs fan, who comes into a game day thread, and CHEERS for the Leafs to LOSE to be immediately banned from the thread.

I can see talking about the POSITIVES of a LOSS, with regards to our draft position, but, ONLY AFTER THEY'VE actually LOST the game.

Maybe, another Tanking GDT thread should be created for them to CHEER for our Leafs to LOSE!

I can be a 'Negative Nancy' at times, but, I NEVER, EVER, CHEER for the Leafs to LOSE. NEVER!

Maybe, given that McDavid will be available in the 2015 draft, I'll cheer for the Leafs to lose IN EVERY SINGLE game day thread NEXT season. If you want to cheer for a LOSING LEAFS team, next season is the one! Might as well start early and cheer for them to LOSE often!

:rant:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Wow, sounds like I missed a real barn burner. :sarcasm:

Glad we lost. Bring Reimer back for the next game and the tank should be complete!

But, we may actually beat Ottawa. They're also crappy.

At least their crappy play was more consistent. They didn't have a secure playoff spot, and drop like a rock in a short period of games like we did.

Most Sens fans were resigned to the fact that their team was likely to miss the playoffs early on. They didn't have to suffer from a lengthy losing string like we were exposed to!

Beating Ottawa would actually be fun, knowing that the Ducks pick will be better than they would like. I know it hurts us too by 1 draft position, but, I'm willing to live with that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
At least their crappy play was more consistent. They didn't have a secure playoff spot, and drop like a rock in a short period of games like we did.

Most Senaturd fans were resigned to the fact that their team was likely to miss the playoffs early on. They didn't have to suffer from a lengthy losing string like we were exposed to!

Beating Ottawa would actually be fun, knowing that the Ducks pick will be better than they would like. I know it hurts us too by 1 draft position, but, I'm willing to live with that!

Until the Ducks pick up a franchise player and the Leafs pick busts. The sad part is even if the Leafs pick before the Ducks the pick will still bust while the Ducks pick will be a franchise player - just status quo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad