Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose, Ottawa, Devils & Nashville pass Leafs

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just here to say that whereas a few days ago I thought our last game would be meaningless, it now seem to be worth watching. I'll head out to Real Sports in Ottawa for it. Should be a good atmosphere.

Since the sens don't own our own 1st rounder, we can cheer for a win with no reservations. I suppose that's some small measure of consolation for not having a first.....but not really.

Can I ask you guys if you really honnestly value moving down the standings a spot or two over beating Ottawa if it means you finish ahead of the sens in the final standings ? (i know that we have a game in hand, but assume not)

If the tables were turned, and the sens could improve our draft spot, I have to think that I would still be cheering with all my heart to beat you guys.

Pride has to win the day IMO, and I think that a lot of people calling for the tank job will be happy to beat the sens in the end.

I hope both our teams get their acts together soon so we can meet in the playoffs for some awesome hockey for years to come ! :yo:
I'm pretty sure after falling from 2nd in the Atlantic to a top 10 pick range....pride got obliterated somewhere along that trip :laugh:.

Normally I'd be all for the Leafs beating the Sens since that's a good time :). At the same time, it'll be impressive if I bother to even watch the game since the team really doesn't deserve that use of time.

Honestly I don't think that game is going to be close. The Sens have nothing but personal pride to play for at this point. If the Leafs had anything like that they wouldn't have lost 8 straight and something like 10 of their last 12. Securing a better pick at this point is the only thing left.

Sadly just back to hoping that one day both these teams will be able to revive those entertaining playoff matches they had a while back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad