Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose - Lacking "effort"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Pathetic game... I get it...we can't win em all, and I don't mind a loss here or there, but to come out with that effort against my #1 hated team in the league and shit the bed like that is unacceptable, go sleep, wake up and come out and kick some ass tomorrow is all I can say.

Reactions: Cobra777

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Terrible effort...this is still a great team but fck if this isn’t absolutely infuriating...ghosts of Leafs teams past showed up here (cutesy plays, no heart, half assed effort)

Oh well on to the next one

Go leafs go!

Reactions: LeafsRus

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
The only thing I'm concerned about is the PP. It's been shit for so long and they think the answer is Simmond, Thornton and splitting the units and giving only a minute to each?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Who cares,

We won 3 straight prior to this. This is the NHL, you will not win every night.

take the L and we focus on tomorrow with some guys back in the line up. Anyone getting hung up on tonight’s game needs to sip a beer and get some sleep.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
All the stupid f***ing cute plays; blind passes to no one; defensive zone giveaways

AND

Leafs' kryptonite: Opposition clogging up the neutral zone forcing them to dump the puck

=

Loss

What an absolutely PATHETIC EFFORT

I went from high of the trade deadline to low in a snap.

f*** THIS SHIT

Man you're taking the Leafs way too serious... they were 9-0-1 in they're last 10.

Relax. Either you're new to hockey or I have no idea how you survived the last 15 years if this game is causing a tantrum.

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
I’m not even complaining about jumbo, just wait until we have full control in ozone if there’s more than 2 minutes. That pull was just awful.

Reactions: MJK and Brown Dog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Need to retire Thornton to Robidas island.

I’ll be pissed if this game is the only chance Robertson gets.

Foligno wont dress for at least 7 days and Riley Nash isn't gonna lace em up until playoffs anyway.... so I think Robertson will get more chances as Engvall was in a doghouse today; he will be in the doghouse later too

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Like I said in the GDT. If we want to win anything this spring, Jumbo Joe has to be the odd man out when Will Nye returns and Foligno joins the team.

I don’t care if he’s a hall of famer, I don’t care if it comes off as a slap in the face to a legend who brings leadership to the team. If you think that way, that’s a “Participation award” and “everybody gets a trophy” kind of mentality.

The guy is shot and has nothing left. Outside of the first couple of weeks of the season, he’s been Marleau in his 3rd year level bad.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Reilly is really starting to turn into Jake Gardiner right before our eyes. He is terrible on the PP, soft in his own zone and can't play a 2 on 1 if Nick Lidstrom show him 1000 times how to do it.

Time to give Thornton a few games here and there in the pressbox to give him rest. Get him ready for the playoffs. It's Ron Hainsey all over again....playing in so much in the regular season that it burned him out for the playoffs.

Like other said when teams clog up the neutral zone they can't generate much offense.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
From a coaching point of view, it may actually be a good thing they lost tonight. They came out so flat after the fun Ottawa track meet game and if they came back in dramatic fashion they might start reverting back to those bad run and gun tendencies. In seasons past, whenever they had too much fun in a game, you knew things could go sideways very soon after.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It’s their first regulation loss in like 10 games.. it’ll be all good.

The PP needs to sort it’s shit out fast though. They look like they’re being overcoached.
Theyre forcing themselves into PP issues lately with the screen setup.

Need to get back to spreading out D and getting Marner on his off wing.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Keefe with his worst coaching performance of the year. However, there were not really any bright spots across the lineup.

His obsession with Thornton is extremely concerning as he is refusing to play him appropriately. No matter how badly he plays, Keefe rewards him with more ice time while pushing the hungrier players. This is Babcock and Marleau all over again.

Oh well, can't win them all. Go Leafs Go!

Have to agree with you. I believe Thornton needs to be in the lineup, on the 4th line in limited minutes. What in the hell was Keefe watching to think moving him up the lineup was a good idea? He cannot succeed in expanded minutes, period.

On top of that, the attention to detail was non-existent from everyone. I thought last game was their worst defensive effort of the season, this at least matched it.

Will never win against anyone playing like that. Good news is they get to do it again tomorrow against another inferior opponent, lets see what they bring to the table, because this was a complete waste of a game.

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
Not a big deal nor a bad loss. Real bad goal let in by Jack we couldn’t recover from. He’s earned a tough go. He’s still a beauty.

The bigger issue is that 42 games in and Rielly is continuing to get worse. I just don’t see where he fits on this team anymore. Huge, huge risk to take that he’s not regressing beyond return if we keep him.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Can't win em all.

But Thortons time is done.

I'm getting progressively more worried every game that we will not sit him because he's been in the league since the 90s and deserves the "respect". Stop it.

We need to win, ice the best line possible.

End. Of. Story.

I think this happens with all the new additions.

Anyways onto tomorrow

GO LEAFS GO

Reactions: LeafsRus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad