Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose - Lacking "effort"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Keefe with one of his worst coaching performances of the year. However, the whole team was off as well.

His obsession with Thornton is extremely concerning - completely refusing to play him appropriately. No matter how badly he plays, Keefe rewards him with more ice time while punishing the hungrier players. This is Babcock and Marleau all over again.

Oh well, can't win them all. Go Leafs Go!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The tribe has spoken Jumbo:

F0322B4E-B44C-43B3-BF7B-D0B168F4BAB0.jpeg

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
They were careless and lazy with the puck in their zone all game and didn't deserve to win.

Montreal played hard.

You never want to see them lose but better tonight than two weeks ago, or from now.

It's time for Joe to take a rest for a few games. Robertson is going to sit so he can play in the playoffs, I'm the only one that bothers? EDIT: I see I'm not.

Spezza continues to be good, nice secondary weapon.

Nice showing for Nicky, was hungry but needs to adapt, can't play like he does in the O.

You might gave Campbell a bit of a time for Anderson's goal but aside from that I've seen in the past the puck seems to almost bounce off of him and land fortunately. He wasn't the problem, made some clutch saves late.

Mitch dangerous, both for us and for Montreal.

Holl is still doing a good job but he's hit a bit of a Loll in the last three weeks or so.

JT was noticeable, in a good way, all game, very aggressive.

Wtf is the problem with the power play?!

That Too Many Men call where whoever it was (Brodie?) already had a leg over the bench was complete bullshit. I almost want the games to be reffed by machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cobra

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Ugly game but with better decisions at the end we could have stole a point.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Very disappointing effort except for the 2nd period portion where they came back to tie it.

Campbell needs some rest and the d-men didn't look good either. Not a great performance against your likely playoff matchup.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Brought our C game and were still in it.

Campbell wasn't great, Marner looked lost outside a beautiful pass and Rielly really struggling with his decisions.

Nobody was good, those 3 in particular struggled IMO.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I get that Thornton provides leadership and all that shit, but his time is done. Call it a day Thornton you had a good run, put on a suit punt Malhotra to the curb and maybe you can put together a better pp

Reactions: 6ix

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
All the stupid f***ing cute plays; blind passes to no one; defensive zone giveaways

AND

Leafs' kryptonite: Opposition clogging up the neutral zone forcing them to dump the puck

=

Loss

What an absolutely PATHETIC EFFORT

I went from high of the trade deadline to low in a snap.

f*** THIS SHIT

It’s their first regulation loss in like 10 games.. it’ll be all good.

The PP needs to sort it’s shit out fast though. They look like they’re being overcoached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad