Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in OT: Rule 63.2 Yes it was a penalty

• Thread starter leafstilldeath*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
incredibly frustrating game but on that Kessel goal Budaj kicked his leg out to the wrong side. NHL goalies just have to guess with Kessel and hope the puck hits them. it's remarkable.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Yesterday, we didnt get the start we needed, didn't get the bounces or the calls we wanted.

But overall a decent performance. Was a little disappointed at Bernier because it seemed like all the shots went through him, i.e(under his blocker twice, and through the five hole)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I hope Carlyle plans on playing 7D starting next game. We have Columbus and NYR and I honestly hate playing against those two teams. I don't think we've faired well against them (especially against Columbus this season who has thoroughly humiliated us on two occasions already).

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Was at least an entertaining game, back and forth. Sucks we lost though. Other lines besides the first line need to get back to scoring. Good to see Kulemin back on the second line, looked better after that. And man Kessel's shot is so good, and quick, wow. On to the next one.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Yesterday, we didnt get the start we needed, didn't get the bounces or the calls we wanted.

But overall a decent performance. Was a little disappointed at Bernier because it seemed like all the shots went through him, i.e(under his blocker twice, and through the five hole)

He played like **** but our defense didn't do a lick of work to help him out. They just ran around like a bunch of headless chickens.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
I hope Carlyle plans on playing 7D starting next game. We have Columbus and NYR and I honestly hate playing against those two teams. I don't think we've faired well against them (especially against Columbus this season who has thoroughly humiliated us on two occasions already).
Yeah I'd prefer that we sit McLaren/Orr and roll with 11 forwards and 7 defenseman.

Dion Phaneuf: 24-25 mins/g, burning candle at both ends two-way D (point-man/shut-down D)

Gunnarsson: big minutes shut-down D
Gardiner: big minutes puck-moving D

Franson: point-man relief for Phaneuf
Gleason: shut-down relief for Phaneuf

Rielly: secondary puck-moving D support
Ranger: secondary shut-down D support

The 7 D set-up makes more sense for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Because we have three defenseman who are a total liability defensively (Morgan Rielly, Cody Franson and Jake Gardiner). And none of these guys are good enough (yet) to play with Dion Phaneuf on the 1st pair. Phaneuf-Gunnarsson is the only 1st pair that makes sense at this point.

Last edited:

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
A warning? :laugh: I can agree that refs let a lot of these calls go, when close to the crease, but the guy was 20 feet from the crease... It's an obvious one, has to be called, OT or not.

it should be called all the time, outside the crease is outside the crease:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad