Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fans are on Mitch for the 2-0. But Mathews shouldn’t have passed it back to him. Allen has to figure Marner is passing. If Matty has the puck Allen has to respect the shot leaving Marner open for the empty net unless Matty sees an opening to bury one. Marner made the right pass over the blue line. The mistake was the quick pass back.
Nah, the mistake is when Marner passed. Looks like he confused himself.

Marner has plenty of time to give it back to Matthews, hell they probably could have had time to get back to Matthews and back to Marner again.

Reactions: stickty111

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
This was Montreal’s forum the last time we played them lol.
DAFAF505-9330-4152-A97F-7B7E6C2CD604.png

Reactions: Saint Blue

Mopar

May 3, 2021
Would really like to see the Leafs put the Habs away in convincing fashion.

Leafs coasted and played like a team that clinched last week. Habs played their hearts out and barely won. The difference between these two teams astounding and I'd like to see it on the scoreboard.

Take care of business Thursday and put them away clean. I know these games don't mean a whole lot but I want them to leave no doubt about who the better team is.

Mik needs to bury that EN, Campbell needs to have the tying goal and Matthews and Marner need to end it on the 2 on 0. Enough of the fancy stuff. Keep the game simple and take care of business.

Playoffs are around the corner. Let's get healthy and let's do this!

The officiating was a joke as usual.

Reactions: Brown Dog

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Yuck.

That 3 on 3 was an embarrassment, Montreal really taking the fun out of something that used to be enjoyable.

Are we actually the worst team in the league on breakaways? We managed to flub a 2-0 breakaway even :D.
Three breakaways tonight and one was Matthews and marner 2 on 0 . Most games we would pot at least 1 of those . We deserved to win but fate was not on our side

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well this team better figure out a way to win 3 gams somehow over the next 4 contests. Blew a golden opportunity in the final minute and in OT with the 2-0. I really don't think Vancouver has what it takes to steal any games from Edmonton and by the time the Oilers get to Montreal the Habs will probably just rest guys in their final 2 regular season games and let McDavid and company run roughshod over them. They've actually got a decent chance at running the table in their final games.

Last edited:

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Three breakaways tonight and one was Matthews and marner 2 on 0 . Most games we would pot at least 1 of those . We deserved to win but fate was not on our side

Montreal had at least one clean breakaway too. And Campbell made 2 or 3 really huge saves coming across laterally. Just sayin'.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Because despite their immense hockey history and their unmatched success, historically, they have an inferiority complex and an irrational insecurity that's incredibly hard to understand, let alone explain.

I think it stems from a time where they were the bees knees of hockey. Now they're just another franchise trying to fight its way out of the pack like the rest of us, and they struggle to cope with that reality.

That's why the fanbase is so bipolar. They're trying desperately to return to a glorious past that isn't coming. They're like Notre Dame Football fans and Chicago Bulls basketball fans. Extremely passionate, passed down through generations, built on the success of a decade(s) well behind them.

If they feel like you're taking away from their success, or failing to give their team some form of deserved credit, they crawl out of the cracks to remind you that they were once great and that they're dying for that type of relevance and respect, once again.
I understand it. The turning point of their franchise was when Mario Tremblay pissed off Patrick Roy 25 1/2 years ago. Roy's contemptuous glare burned it all to the ground. Hard to come back from that.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Lol Canadiens fans are f***ing hilarious. Imagine thinking that roster is fit to compete for a cup lol. Caufield is a tremendous young talent. But he is absolutely absent 5 on 5 at this point in his career

what will be hilarious is when they lose tmw to the Sens. And then Proceed to lose the next 2 to us. Can’t wait
Literally did not notice him the whole game except when they tried to pass him the puck on the power play. That said he has a great shot, and should be a good one for them. But will need to do more than have 1 big moment in a game.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Any 2 of us together could have found a way to burry on that 2 on 0 in OT not sure what was up with Matthews and Marner there lol

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
definitely surprising that a Habs player took a dive and the officials didn't fall for it

That was a pretty good two hander... not sure if he dove or not, but I find it encouraging we have guys that are willing to walk that line... for oh too long we had no one who would do anything questionable other than Kadri.
I dare say I would have ended up on the ice after that too.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
That was a pretty good two hander... not sure if he dove or not, but I find it encouraging we have guys that are willing to walk that line... for oh too long we had no one who would do anything questionable other than Kadri.
I dare say I would have ended up on the ice after that too.

Really discouraging seeing people respond like they have on this page to a two-hander, no matter what team you cheer for or if you think the guy dove, it should have no place in the game. If this same play happened to Matthew or Marner..

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodore450

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
It is annoying to see the leafs blow that game and the continuation of their horrendous PP. That said, quite honestly, right now I’ve started to tune out as I really don’t care what happens the rest of the regular season. I wouldn’t even care if the Oilers ran the table here and leafs didn’t win enough to finish 1st. All I care to see at this point is if this team can win in the playoffs. That’s all this year was ever really about. That is pretty much going to determine the fate of this core.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Incredibly boring game except overtime. And the Habs did their best to bore that as well. Would love nothing more than to play the Habs first round. They aren’t very good.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It is annoying to see the leafs blow that game and the continuation of their horrendous PP. That said, quite honestly, right now I’ve started to tune out as I really don’t care what happens the rest of the regular season. I wouldn’t even care if the Oilers ran the table here and leafs didn’t win enough to finish 1st. All I care to see at this point is if this team can win in the playoffs. That’s all this year was ever really about. That is pretty much going to determine the fate of this core.

You are absolutely right. The fate of this core will come down to the playoff result. I find I cannot let go of games, and get sorta pissed with results like this... a game clearly there for the taking but they simply do not take it. PP stinks, and if that contunues our PP fate will be affected. I am sure they players are feeling the same at this point. Would be a mistake though to lose all three to the Habs imo. The other games they can flush for all I care.

On the bright side Campbell was excellent overall and Sandin continues to look great imo. Rielly hit the net... amazing!! Would like to see some guys get some rest in these last 4 games, but with a few injuries I guess that becomes harder to do.

i didn't like Liljegren's game. I know the advanced stats were complimentary of his play, but I feel he put undue pressure on the team in a few situations, espically in the defensive zone. He'll get better, but he is not as good as the regular 6 starters.

Reactions: glue

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Habs better enjoy the playoffs this year. Not sure when they will get in again. Tampa, Florida, Leafs, Boston Ottawa coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad