Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
That was a pretty good two hander... not sure if he dove or not, but I find it encouraging we have guys that are willing to walk that line... for oh too long we had no one who would do anything questionable other than Kadri.
I dare say I would have ended up on the ice after that too.

Amen. You can tell Brodie played in the West. That's par for the course out there. Montreal's defensemen are ruthless cross checkers to the backs of Toronto's forwards in front of the net. It's awesome to see our guys get some stick on bone as well.

That was a pretty greasy two hand slash. Keep it below the neck and I love it! Shea Weber would be proud of that stick work. Ben Chariot probably blew his load just thinking about getting away with that.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Habs better enjoy the playoffs this year. Not sure when they will get in again. Tampa, Florida, Leafs, Boston Ottawa coming.
Who knows. The Panthers have made the playoffs in consecutive seasons once in their history, and never three consecutive. The last three times they've made it they've gone on the miss 3 years after twice, and 16 years the other. But on the other hand Philadelphia will be back in the playoffs for an even season year, and there's Wash, Pitt and the two New Yorks, so..

ALine

May 14, 2012
Any 2 of us together could have found a way to burry on that 2 on 0 in OT not sure what was up with Matthews and Marner there lol
I get what he was trying to do but took way to long and ran out track. Ended up a nothing chance. The whole world knew Marner would not shoot but atleast try to sell a shot or something. Or just shoot because one guy said once " you miss 100% of shots you don't take"

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Literally the whole site allows Leaf trolling. Some of us want the PGT to be troll free. Like other team's boards have implemented.

That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not trying to stiffle it. I simply don't agree with it. I prefer to watch their eyes twitch when you ignore their troll attempts and starve them of the attention they need.

It's more fun when people suffer in their failure!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm not really concerned about anything except injuries.

For the rest of the regular season I couldn't care less, win, lose or draw. Just come back healthy and ready for the playoffs.

They'll play the same teams anyway. Montreal, Winnipeg-- it doesn’t matter. Throw in Edmonton too before they're done. One way or another, they need to beat two of the three. Until then, who cares?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
We grabbed a point and Matthews scored. I am thrilled. We hit 75 points on the season and we clinch first place.

Rest players. Need to be healthy. The regular season has little merit at this point.

This is about the playoffs.

Reactions: NinjaKick

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
The League maybe should have taken top 3 from each division approach, and then teams like the Habs would get bumped out for more worthy teams like the NYR.

Reactions: Kurtz

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
just watched on PVR..

2 on 0 and a POST in OT.

win that games 9/10 times lol.

meaningless game for us.

dont care. hows foligno?

Reactions: Gallagbi

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
just watched on PVR..

2 on 0 and a POST in OT.

win that games 9/10 times lol.

meaningless game for us.

dont care. hows foligno?
Montreal had a breakaway before the post and the 2-0 didn't they? I'd say if it was in the same order of chances, then much closer to 60-40 or 50-50.

Reactions: Maplebeasts

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Imagine if freddy let in that weak game-tying goal

Was it weak? I thought it might be, but I saw q replay and it looked a bit like it might have been a shot pass which fooled him a bit and prevented him from getting to the post quick enough.

Campbell is a great guy and he hasn't allowed alot of goals but many of the goals he has allowed are short side and I've seen him lose his net quite a bit. Makes me a bit concerned for playoffs, mostly because we really haven't got a good read on him yet.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Really?

In an overtime loss, that could have easily gone the other way, putting us 1 point closer to locking up first place overall in the division?

I've hated the Habs my entire life. Tonight doesn't rank in the top 25 lol.

We're what 5-3 against them this season, with a chance to finish as high as 7-3? I think that's a pretty damn good place to be at this point.

Look at Tampa Bay. They have the same 5-3 record vs Detroit this year. Their fans must be asking themselves how the hell they've lost 3 games to Detroit. It's the NHL. There is a lot of parity. You're going to lose some games lol.
No no no
I meant today as in tonight / today as in now
I still hate them more
Not because of the game silly ;)

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Campbell and another softie. But his pod head admirers turn blind eye. If Andersen let that goal in there would be riot.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Lmao plan the parade route for St Catherine st in MTL...what were still in the regular season?

Someone might want to remind the Habs fans of this lmao...but they did what they had to do...they can’t skate with us or come close to skill us to death so the playoff Habs are coming back out...the boring trap happy hockey team...no excuse for the loss but meh whatever just stop getting injured and go into the playoffs healthy...that’s when it matters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Campbell and another softie. But his pod head admirers turn blind eye. If Andersen let that goal in there would be riot.

All goalies give up softies now and then and Campbell played one of his best games of the year last night. Chill.

Lmao plan the parade route for St Catherine st in MTL...what were still in the regular season?

Someone might want to remind the Habs fans of this lmao...but they did what they had to do...they can’t skate with us or come close to skill us to death so the playoff Habs are coming back out...the boring trap happy hockey team...no excuse for the loss but meh whatever just stop getting injured and go into the playoffs healthy...that’s when it matters

Yup. Planning before the season starts the way we do is 100% the way to go, leaves plenty of time to work out the logistics. ;)

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I really didn't like that the Matthews line was out at the end of regulation to defend the 2-1 lead. I've noticed recently that every time we start running around in our own zone it seems to be the Matthews line on the ice. Not sure which line is a better option but as soon as I saw it was Matthews taking that faceoff with a minute or so left, I had a sinking feeling.

Either, wasn't end of the world. Got a point and Matthews got a goal to stay ahead in the Richard race. McDavid has activated full-on cheat mode now and I bet it's going to be closer than a lot of people think.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Well this team better figure out a way to win 3 gams somehow over the next 4 contests. Blew a golden opportunity in the final minute and in OT with the 2-0. I really don't think Vancouver has what it takes to steal any games from Edmonton and by the time the Oilers get to Montreal the Habs will probably just rest guys in their final 2 regular season games and let McDavid and company run roughshod over them. They've actually got a decent chance at running the table in their final games.

Yeah, Edmonton has 4 left against Van. May as well call that 8 points right now the way the Canucks look.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
Losing to the Habs always leaves a bad taste. Especially the next morning.

Leafs are an excellent team. They've clinched. I don't know if I'm being greedy as a fan, but I can't help but think what our record would look like if we had won games like this where we SHOULD HAVE won. There have been many this year.

Not nothing games by any stretch. You want to beat your arch rivals. You want home ice in the playoffs. You definitely don't want to stumble in against the Habs with them thinking we're beatable. I want to see domination.

Thursday can't come soon enough. Bury them.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
The Habs have an undercooked, undersized, (currently) ineffective winger, and they will ruin his development by ignoring his massive flaws and rushing him to a prime time position.

You love to see it.

Decent game for the Leafs, dominating 5v5 stats yet again.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Not a bad game for us, don't care about the result. Hopefully Foligno isn't seriously injured. We need to rest Auston after he gets #40.

Can't wait for the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad