Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Pushing the pad is goalie interference (learning something new). Not sure there was enough, but the pad was definitely pushed.

i am not going to defend keefe's moronic decisions no matter how much you want me to.

keefe is the main reason leafs lost and his review was stupid. and you can't change my mind.

results matter and results are there for everyone to see.

If you hire a manager to manage and they can't manage or get results they get fired in the real and competent world. there are no do overs

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I guess it’s just me but I expect more from veteran players who wear the C and A and are highly paid to win in the playoffs.

I expect the team to win, my point is Rielly and Tavares were part of a collective group of our best players who overwhelmingly outscored Tampa's best players, they also outscored Tampa on the ice instead of being in the minuses like Tampa's best players. This is why you can't judge a single players performance and come to conclusions like this in a playoff series.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
i am not going to defend keefe's moronic decisions no matter how much you want me to.

keefe is the main reason leafs lost and his review was stupid. and you can't change my mind.

results matter and results are there for everyone to see.

If you hire a manager to manage and they can't manage or get results they get fired in the real and competent world. there are no do overs

Keefe is the main reason we lost? I am sure his game plan was to panic, look nervous, and turn the puck over a lot, and I am positive he told Samsanov to overplay every shot.

Rest of your post... interesting

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Keefe is the main reason we lost? I am sure his game plan was to panic, look nervous, and turn the puck over a lot, and I am positive he told Samsanov to overplay every shot.

Rest of your post... interesting

Who was responsible for putting the roster together? Are you going to call out Dubas for the players he still has who apparently "panic"

Can you call out dubas then?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Who was responsible for putting the roster together? Are you going to call out Dubas for the players he still has who apparently "panic"

Can you call out dubas then?

I'm going to wait until the end of the season to see how I feel.

I am smart enough to know there is more than 1 game in a series.

That game was not good and there was a lot of bad, but it wasn't all bad.

The worst part of the game was no pushback at all in the 3rd in my opinion, not even the loss.

There are certain decisions Keefe made related to the lineup that I really don't like as well, but that is still not why we lost, our players look unenergetic and nervous, but once again, it is one game of 7, I'll start to worry tomorrow if I need to.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm going to wait until the end of the season to see how I feel.

I am smart enough to know there is more than 1 game in a series.

That game was not good and there was a lot of bad, but it wasn't all bad.

The worst part of the game was no pushback at all in the 3rd in my opinion, not even the loss.

There are certain decisions Keefe made related to the lineup that I really don't like as well, but that is still not why we lost, our players look unenergetic and nervous, but once again, it is one game of 7, I'll start to worry tomorrow if I need to.

LOL its ok...... to admit that either dubas or keefe are at fault or both are.

foresight and sound judgment is major part of the job as a gm and coach; can't always blame players if gm is not willing to move them or if the coach is not willing to play the players to their strength getting outcoached by opposition

if you are gonna call out players then it is GM's fault you have to call out Dubas; if its not dubas/players then it is bad coaching.

You can't have it both ways.

Since you are not going to admit that it is either dubas or keefe or both their fault; there is nothing more to discuss from my pov

Keefe kept playing Holl; and there not a peep about Holl from your posts; just goes on to show how you view the game and in my view it is absolutely wrong.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
LOL its ok...... to admit that either dubas or keefe are at fault or both are.

foresight and sound judgment is major part of the job as a gm and coach; can't always blame players if gm is not willing to move them or if the coach is not willing to play the players to their strength getting outcoached by opposition

if you are gonna call out players then it is GM's fault you have to call out Dubas; if its not dubas/players then it is bad coaching.

You can't have it both ways.

Since you are not going to admit that it is either dubas or keefe or both their fault; there is nothing more to discuss from my pov

Keefe kept playing Holl; and there not a peep about Holl from your posts; just goes on to show how you view the game and in my view it is absolutely wrong.

Because I don't judge players by one game, pretty simple.

I'll judge the team/management when there are some results.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Because I don't judge players by one game, pretty simple.

I'll judge the team/management when there are some results.
Holl has about 200 games of evidence. Everyone said in the "mistakes Keefe will make" thread that he will overplay him. I don't know what else needs to be done for Holl to get off this team. He should've been gone years ago and FOR SURE after last playoffs. The fact he's lacing up again for game 2 here is hard to believe.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Holl has about 200 games of evidence. Everyone said in the "mistakes Keefe will make" thread that he will overplay him. I don't know what else needs to be done for Holl to get off this team. He should've been gone years ago and FOR SURE after last playoffs. The fact he's lacing up again for game 2 here is hard to believe.

I kind of want him to be sat just so our PK gets worse and everyone wants him back.

He's a VERY meh 5v5 player.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I kind of want him to be sat just so our PK gets worse and everyone wants him back.

He's a VERY meh 5v5 player.
Sure but we shouldn't be in the box for 15 minutes of a game to begin with. Those average of 6 minutes a game (of which he should play maybe 4) shouldn't get him dressed in the top 6.

And the stats last game don't really help your argument, he was on the ice for 4 PP goals

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

playing Holl is basically spotting the bolts 2 goals.

Reactions: Leaffan197703

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Sure but we shouldn't be in the box for 15 minutes of a game to begin with. Those average of 6 minutes a game (of which he should play maybe 4) shouldn't get him dressed in the top 6.

And the stats last game don't really help your argument, he was on the ice for 4 PP goals

Like I've mentioned, I am not judging these players by one game, if I am Holl can come out for Liljegren and Brodie for Gustaffson.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This far the Leafs have played 8 games vs Tampa in the postseasons... 6 of those games the leafs started the game down 2-0 or 3-0. So 75 % of the time the leafs are down 2-0 or 3-0. Last year's 7 game series flattered the leafs, historically teams don't come win games they get scored on first, let alone down 2-0 and 3-0. Overall the leafs have not been much of a challenge for Tampa.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I expect the team to win, my point is Rielly and Tavares were part of a collective group of our best players who overwhelmingly outscored Tampa's best players, they also outscored Tampa on the ice instead of being in the minuses like Tampa's best players. This is why you can't judge a single players performance and come to conclusions like this in a playoff series.
It’s their careers I’m judging them on. It’s easy to cherry pick sime good play over 10+ seasons but their overall record is who they are.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You expect and want it to get worse than 50%? :help:

Kind of... meaning a small part of me wants to see the people who say Holl is useless come up with new scapegoats... Keefe! Dubas! Tavares! Carlton! so many boogeymen on this team.

I don't actually want the team to lose, I would never wish that on them... I just want to watch the uninformed come up with new people to blame for everything.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kind of... meaning a small part of me wants to see the people who say Holl is useless come up with new scapegoats... Keefe! Dubas! Tavares! Carlton! so many boogeymen on this team.

I don't actually want the team to lose, I would never wish that on them... I just want to watch the uninformed come up with new people to blame for everything.
So the ones who found fault in Holl's play last game are the 'uniformed'. :laugh:

Reactions: myleafs

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So the ones who found fault in Holl's play last game are the 'uniformed'. :laugh:

The one's who ALWAYS do... the last game he was bad. He was not the only issue, or I'd say even the biggest, there were like 3 good players.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Is the league obligated to show you the proof?

If they saw it conclusively it must exist.
Usually, the “conclusive” evidence comes out eventually. My guess is that it is the same video that is supposed to show that the puck is completely over the goal line.

If there’s another angle that the league saw that showed it better, I would think it would have been shown by now. As it stands, the “evidence” that has been shown so far, doesn’t do it for me.

But like I said in another post, it really doesn’t matter any more.:dunno:

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad