Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-3, Andersen was great again.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I wish I could say the turning point of the game was the BS faceoff penalty on Kadri, but we played like shit and simply didn't deserve to win.

Also don't know why people are being so harsh on Andersen... I mean, he didn't play great... but we CAN'T expect to play as bad as we did and have our goaltender bail us out all the time... We CAN'T give up so many high quality scoring chances. If we had any other goalie in net tonight, maybe one or two will come out with a win... but most wouldn't...

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
expected more from Matthews and Nylander line. We're not going to win a lot of games with them playing like this.

Reactions: The Magic Man

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Zaitsev and Gardiner pairing weren't on for too many goal against for playing 23 mins i think

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
xG in this game was 3.63 for the Leafs, and 3.07 for the Canes.

Please use this thread to tell me how great Andersen is and how bad our D is.
Same story as the rest of the year and somehow people still can't see how f***ing bad he is

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
xG in this game was 3.63 for the Leafs, and 3.07 for the Canes.

Please use this thread to tell me how great Andersen is and how bad our D is.

They both suck right now

It takes more than one guy to make a team this bad defensively, it's a true "team effort"

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Three losses against Ottawa, New Jersey and Carolina. Kind of no name, workmanlike opponents I wonder if they fully respect by scores of 6-3. Seems like they think they can outscore their problems until they realize they can't. Goaltending is very loose. The blueline is like setting concrete. Just not solid.

Reactions: Legendary

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Defense and Freddy are just not good enough. One of them has to be excellent on any given night, and it's far more likely not to be the defense.

This is maddening. We are pretenders, in reality, until this team gets the bloody message.

Reactions: Legendary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad