Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Team deserves to miss the playoffs.

And they might by the way they're going. Remember 2-12-0 down the stretch in 2014's last 14 games to miss. Could happen again here....

They deserve to miss the playoffs while going 21/27 games, while getting at least a point. They aren’t going to win every game.

You sound like a spoiled child.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
18-wheeler.jpg

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
Hainesy is not 1st pair material and it's showing. Even at the start i though he was getting more credit than deserved for his work. I mean he did his job but it was nothing special. He was just okay but people were giving him way too much credit. Now he has come back to earth.

He has been utter shit lately

Reactions: dsred

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'll reiterate, why start Andersen? Poor luck/record in Buffalo, combined with Andy not being sueprman of late. Rest him, it's always a **** show in Buffalo.

Because he's your starter, on a team very low on confidence right now.

There's having a guaranteed playoff spot, and then there's reaching the playoffs feeling pretty good about your game. There's still tons of work to do before this season is done, even if 3rd in the Atlantic is a done deal for the Leafs

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Team is one and done come playoff time. Matthews's shoulder is the only thing that can save them. Defense is just as bad as last year save dermott

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Kapanen

What does he do?!

Does he score or make plays? Does he play well on the PP?!

WHY should we care about him? Do we like him because we are justifying the Kessel deal?

1 shot on goal?! Are you ****** kidding me?

Can we try another Marlie please! This one needs to do something else.
Sit in the corner for a while and think about what you just said.

You can come out when you're ready to apologize.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Kapanen

What does he do?!

Does he score or make plays? Does he play well on the PP?!

WHY should we care about him? Do we like him because we are justifying the Kessel deal?

1 shot on goal?! Are you ****** kidding me?

Can we try another Marlie please! This one needs to do something else.

You know he did a fine job with Nylander on the first line but nah we need more of Brown and Hyman up there lol

member 262271

Because he's your starter, on a team very low on confidence right now.

There's having a guaranteed playoff spot, and then there's reaching the playoffs feeling pretty good about your game. There's still tons of work to do before this season is done, even if 3rd in the Atlantic is a done deal for the Leafs
That is a very good point, but I don't see the logic in Cam Talboting him either.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Not even that mad with how they played tonight. Dominated play until that goal that came off the bounce from the ref. After that they were pretty deflated. Only disappointed nobody retaliated for all the garbage interference on Andy.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Gotta say, these GI calls suck the life out of me.

A few other remarks about the game:
* We had no bounces tonight. It wasn't as bad as the score indicated.
* Still pretty bad though.
* I have no problem with Hyman with Matthews. It's not what I would do, but it's not a problem. Hyman with Nylander is though. Nylander excels when we start to cycle by moving the puck quickly. Hyman consistently slows the game down. They don't mesh well, even if you allow for the idea that Nylander needs a worker on his wing.
* Komarov had his best game of the year. Martin was good too. Plekanec had a lot of jump in the first. It was a good fourth. It played well, and had identity.
* Brown continues to underwhelm. It goes a bit unmentioned how surprisingly bad he is as a passer.
i kinda think brown and hyman serve the exact same role, so the problem with having them together is while both of them occupy the same space behind the net willy is left to do everything else on his own

Reactions: dsred

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not even that mad with how they played tonight. Dominated play until that goal that came off the bounce from the ref. After that they were pretty deflated. Only disappointed nobody retaliated for all the garbage interference on Andy.
Always seems worse when every little thing goes in your net.

This could have been an easy win with some (normal?) Bounces and nobody would think twice.

Reactions: Raging Bull

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Tired of Ron Hainsey firing it around the boards when there are better options.

Actually, a lot of the Leafs' D do this. They can break out under zero duress, but breathe on them and they flip the puck out to center ice, giving away possession and restarting the opposition's forecheck.
yup he has been throwing pizza's up the middle for the last bit, and I mean not just normal pizzas, pizzas with double cheese pepperoni, sausage the whole kit, they are licking there chops when he is on the ice!

Reactions: Wings4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad