Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm not sure why I'm so upset over something so predictable - we were talking all day about how much we struggle in Buffalo.

Poor effort all around. Yet another game this season where we just aren't ready to play - a very familar pattern under Babcock. To start so flat after the poor start on Saturday is baffling.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Hyman gets bashed to no end on this board but Brown seems to consistently avoid any real criticism somehow.

He's been extremely underwhelming this season. Not fast enough, physical enough or skilled with the puck to really create anything.

He shouldnt be playing anywhere above the 3rd line.

Without Matthews him and Hyman should be on the third and fourth line for sure.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well that just happened

Burn the tape, go on holiday and hopefully come back rejuvenated

We've got some pretty concerning defensive play that needs to be sorted out as well, the PDO run we were on during the winning streak couldn't go on forever

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Team deserves to miss the playoffs.

And they might by the way they're going. Remember 2-12-0 down the stretch in 2014's last 14 games to miss. Could happen again here....
Lol terrible comment but sure keep up the overreactions. Maybe you arent a leafs fan?
Bruins deserve to miss the playoffs. Remember them blowing a 3-0 series lead. A season end callapse could happen to them.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Sabres scored more and stopped more.
giphy.gif

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Marner loves to pad those stats when the game is out of reach.

Prove it because they haven’t had many games out of reach and Marner usually scores early (and often) in those. You’re just talking out of your ass again. Seems to be a common theme on these boards when the Leafs lose.

Let me guess, this is just another cowardly, hit and run post by you. Man up and show your work, ya mort.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Stagnant offense, shocking defending, questionable goaltending, and disappointing coaching.

Winless with Plekanec. Not saying he's to blame but a glaring deficiency should have been the top priority.

Andersen just hasn't been sharp. I believe that's 5 games in 3+ goals now. I think he's getting fatigued.

Babcock really needs to be more flexible. Really dislike him neutering Nylander with third liner wingers.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hyman gets bashed to no end on this board but Brown seems to consistently avoid any real criticism somehow.

He's been extremely underwhelming this season. Not fast enough, physical enough or skilled with the puck to really create anything.

He shouldnt be playing anywhere above the 3rd line.

Yea, I agree. I think both of them are plugs.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Fourth goal bounded off the ref for an unobstructed path to the net for O’Reilly, should’ve been blown down, absolute trash.

Fifth goal was blatant goaltender interference, really surprised that one didn’t come back.

Pitiful effort.

member 262271

I'll reiterate, why start Andersen? Poor luck/record in Buffalo, combined with Andy not being superman of late. Rest him, it's always a shit show in Buffalo.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Good - Leo, some good offensive pressure for stretches, Willy looked fine at C again (but please give him a more talented winger... Kap? Mitch?), meaningless game, Kadri fighting Risto, Plekanec looked better

Bad - bounces, soft down low defense

Ugly - Refs

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
marc joanette is the worst thing to happen to hockey since bettman, the glowing puck and shoot-outs. I hate him as much as all these things.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prove it because they haven’t had many games out of reach and Marner usually scores early (and often) in those. You’re just talking out of your ass again. Seems to be a common theme on these boards when the Leafs lose.

Let me guess, this is just another cowardly, hit and run post by you. Man up and show your work, ya mort.
He is just angry that Marner is a great player.
Drafting him doesnt look like a fireable offense and was a great decision.

Reactions: PickleRick

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Why don't we try playing bottom 6'ers in the bottom 6 and bottom pair dmen in the bottom pair.

Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Bozak Nylander
Hyman Plekanec Brown
Komarov Moore Kapanen
Leivo Martin

Dermott Rielly
Gardiner Hainsey
Borgman Zaitsev
Carrick Polak

Andersen
McelHinney

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Gotta say, these GI calls suck the life out of me.

A few other remarks about the game:
* We had no bounces tonight. It wasn't as bad as the score indicated.
* Still pretty bad though.
* I have no problem with Hyman with Matthews. It's not what I would do, but it's not a problem. Hyman with Nylander is though. Nylander excels when we start to cycle by moving the puck quickly. Hyman consistently slows the game down. They don't mesh well, even if you allow for the idea that Nylander needs a worker on his wing.
* Komarov had his best game of the year. Martin was good too. Plekanec had a lot of jump in the first. It was a good fourth. It played well, and had identity.
* Brown continues to underwhelm. It goes a bit unmentioned how surprisingly bad he is as a passer.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Tired of Ron Hainsey firing it around the boards when there are better options.

Actually, a lot of the Leafs' D do this. They can break out under zero duress, but breathe on them and they flip the puck out to center ice, giving away possession and restarting the opposition's forecheck.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
i dont even care.

team will wake up during the playoffs.

bring on boston.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kapanen

What does he do?!

Does he score or make plays? Does he play well on the PP?!

WHY should we care about him? Do we like him because we are justifying the Kessel deal?

1 shot on goal?! Are you ****** kidding me?

Can we try another Marlie please! This one needs to do something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad