Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3. We need a goalie Dubas

Status
Not open for further replies.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
[QUOTE="yubbers, post: 169909381, member:
This team just keeps finding ways to disappoint every night I wonder if Johnny t would’ve got punched out would anybody do anything? I think not and that’s really sad what a bunch of prima donnas

Last edited:

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Didn’t hurt as much as the last game at least.
We have lost two in a row against teams we are undeniably better than.
Had hopes of being a cup contender this year but truly there is another step to go.
It’s cool.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
softest team in the league bar none.

Our zone play is so weak defensively because there's no urgency or hesitation created for opposing forwards. They know they'll never get hit.

If they do get hit, they'll just beat the guy up that did it.

The defense just isn't that good, if they started chasing hits they'd get burned even more.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
In addition to the goalie and defensive problem, we have a bit of a "falling asleep problem.

We dominate for 8,10,15,18 minutes, and feel good about ourselves. All of a sudden half the team gets cocky, falls asleep at the wheel and we give up two goals quickly.
This team has to stay better grounded.
Agree. They have to learn to play complete games, and at both ends of the ice.

On that point, that is where Babcock clearly failed. They tuned him out.

On that point, that is where Keefe will never succeed. Street cred counts . . . and this coach has none.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Were 4-5-2 giving up 46 goals since our win streak and Keef being declared a saviour.

I dont think it's on him, but I don't think any coach short of maybe Trotz could fix this mess of a roster.

Reactions: hudster

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
This is not a team.

It's 4-5 guys.

We haven't been a team since Nylander returned last December.
No idea what's happening in that locker room.
But this isn't a Stanley Cup team, it's not even a winning team, hell, it's barely a watchable team.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No complaints, we got our asses handed to us up and down the ice tonight

If that's the effort we get when we're desperately fighting for a playoff spot were going nowhere

Disgusting effort
No pushback
Mental fragility
Poor defensive play
Awful goaltending
Management failures

If the team decides what we do at the TDL I look forward to us selling and recouping assets

This team doesn't deserve to have assets wasted on it

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
We were quite easily the better team 2 nights in a row. Lost both games. When it mattered most. Andersen injured, when it matters most. The most Leafy things that could happen are happening.

Reactions: meng666

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I still say one of the big three money makers has to go and it won't be #34.

We've boxed ourselves into corner cap wise.

To think that just a couple of years ago we were all looking forward to the improved Leafs and now........ it seems we have regressed.

Great game by #34

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
The defense just isn't that good, if they started chasing hits they'd get burned even more.
its not even about hits, its about a physical presence period, riding guys out, taking skating room away from them. They don't do any of it.

Our defensive strategy is to "shadow" them and poke check

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
softest team in the league bar none.

Our zone play is so weak defensively because there's no urgency or hesitation created for opposing forwards. They know they'll never get hit.

If they do get hit, they'll just beat the guy up that did it.

Haha f*ck, being a leafs fan is definitely a mental disorder, makes me feel pretty insane at least.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Wow you just dont know how good he is. Forget actual numbers the Rangers give up high scoring chances like its happy hour. He is absolutely going to solve your problems with the offense you have.
with what first round pick we traded it to get rid of Marleau its a pipe dream for the buds

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Leafs didn't play great but well enough to at least win the game tonight. Imagine we had a goalie that could make a routine save on the 4th goal. This is on Dubas, I find it hard to believe they can't find a goalie better then Hutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad