Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
We weren't going to get through the whole season without a single rough patch. Adversity isn't a bad thing, and they'll get through it eventually. No sense freaking out completely.

I agree with this, but there has been lingering problems all year. JT is one of those problems. He makes too much damn money to be playing the way he is. The f***ing guy can't stick handle to save his life. Gives the puck away far too often. Bobbles passes. It's become a huge problem and it's been a problem all year. I don't see that changing at this point.

I would like to see this team with Robertson and Simmonds. I would also consider putting JT on the 3rd line for a couple games, to see if he can take advantage of mismatches there.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
giphy.webp

Bernie's got more grit than almost everyone on the leafs team tonight.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is it really true that the leafs are 1-13 with that ref?

that’s insane

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Tavares was terrible in the final 2 minutes. What the hell was that about? Killed the momentum big time.
He was fried, they all were. Basically got to a point where they just slapped the puck around until a chance happened and we amazingly got 2...which Rielly and Marner blew

Last edited:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!

I still have faith boys and girls, we're gonna be fine alright?

Just a rough stretch, it happens, although I am most worried about Andersen come playoff time. We shall see.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Good news: Andersen wasn't a total disaster even though it was terrible rebound control on the 4th goal.

Bad news: Hutch and refs spot the Sens that game. Absolute joke that we only got 1 PP today, and that was 100% a goal.

Need to tighten up everywhere else but I have confidence they will considering we've been amazing outside of the past two games.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The fact that they came out not even ready to play was the most troubling/insulting part about tonight’s performance. Old habits die hard

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Tavares was terrible in the final 2 minutes. What the hell was that about? Killed the momentum big time.

He's already becoming too slow to be very effective, and since he doesn't seem to grind anymore and win puck battles like he used to, he's basically turning into a giant anchor much faster than I was hoping.

Reactions: binop7

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I agree with this, but there has been lingering problems all year. JT is one of those problems. He makes too much damn money to be playing the way he is. The f***ing guy can't stick handle to save his life. Gives the puck away far too often. Bobbles passes. It's become a huge problem and it's been a problem all year. I don't see that changing at this point.

I would like to see this team with Robertson and Simmonds. I would also consider putting JT on the 3rd line for a couple games, to see if he can take advantage of mismatches there.

They probably not as good as they were during their start. They are probably not as bad as they look now. Get some rest, regroup, come back on Friday refreshed and go on another run.

Reactions: CelticDruid

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I take this game as a win. Huh, ya, I am a positive thinker. But we showed grit, we weren't happy. We fought back.

Make the playoffs, and then get ready I hope Auston gets his wrist back, he is like a great white out there, just trying to set up plays, cause he cannot bite anyone with a killing crunch. Incredible to see a guy with no wrist playing this well actually, I love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad