Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Sens goalie got his first NHL win says it all. Still a bipolar group that can go on incredibly good or bad stretches of games. Still no killer instinct and lacking execution all night... Hope the break helps

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
giphy.webp
Thornton at practice.

Reactions: binop7

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
There is still a good team hiding under this rough patch. Our goaltending has completely sunk us and the players are flat. That strong defense that we saw for weeks didn't go anywhere, they're still there, we just need some freaking saves and to get some confidence going.

Dubas has to be getting an itchy trigger finger.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Garbage.
f***ing team turns it on with 6 mins left. Bullshit ass non goal also

Make a trade. Get andersen the f*** outta here

Reactions: klmdg and ToMaLe

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
4o million dollar offense cannot get it done.

Right on Cue to "blame goalie"

this team aint gonna get anything done in the playoffs either. big money players cannot score when it matters most

PK is a freakin JOKE

keep missing defensive assignments and blame goalies

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Worst week of Leafs hockey I can remember watching capped off with everything we would expect. Complete ineptness. Truly pathetic.

I'm not sure where the rest of this season goes. We've been playing with next to no defensive structure lately, soft and slow all over the ice and our goaltending had been nothing short of disgusting.

Hope they enjoy the break.

Feb 24, 2004
Brutal loss, but nothing gives me more hope than what Keefe was up to at the end of the game.

- Pulls the goalie with 6 minutes left down 3.
- Plays 4 F, 1 D off the faceoff to prep for another pull
- Puts Andersen back in MID SHIFT when the Kerfoot line was out there
- Pulls him when the big boys are rested

Galaxy brain stuff.

This team will be fine. But Rielly and Marner hitting the net ONE TIME would help.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Bad start put them in a quick hole

I've noticed less of a physical approach by our D. Maybe they want to stay healthy due to lack of depth.

Simmons is supposed to be back by the weekend. Hopefully the spark this team needs. Dubai has his most important deadline and little room for creativity.

Feb 24, 2004
Well, the Leafs we've known for two decades are back. Is anyone surprised?

They made it interesting but ultimately a disappointing ending. Tavares screwing up multiple plays in the last 2 minutes. Rielly multiple muffin missed shots when we had tons of guys in front looking for a rebound.

Keefe needs to get off his high horse and make adjustments. Everyone else needs to stop being so cute and simplify - stop trying to pick corners when it's not needed.

Hopefully the rest helps the team reset.

Two decades? Six decades...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad