Keep your stick on the ice.

Especially when you have the puck.

And especially in overtime!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Neither game was great IMO. The Boston game felt a bit better probably because they're just a tougher opponent but still, down 2 goals going into the 3rd is far from ideal. Seems like we've been down by multiple goals at some point in so many games this year, our team defence has gone down the tubes.
With this crew, I think I prefer it to being up 2 goals going into the 3rd. (I'm not fully joking either)

• Haha
Reactions: Gary Nylund

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
just blue skying.

if Willy had been called for a penalty for hauling down the guy at centre ice just before the OT GWG would Wolls save constituted a touch and the Leafs would have been short handed for 7 seconds?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
just blue skying.

if Willy had been called for a penalty for hauling down the guy at centre ice just before the OT GWG would Wolls save constituted a touch and the Leafs would have been short handed for 7 seconds?
Actually not a bad idea and would have been a high IQ play

Reactions: The Iceman

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Boston has a much more balanced cap structure and likely a less divided dressing room as a result.

I keep saying this but it hasn't stuck with most people.

You don't need the best of the best. You need decent. You need top 20. You don't need top 5.

Rolling 3 decent lines with decent defense and a decent goalie is optimal.

Paying a William Nylander 11-12 isn't going to get us closer to the cup. It's gonna perpetuate our failure
Paying Nylander $11 is better than paying either Tavares or Marner $11.

Keeping all three would perpetuate the failure, but that's no reason to dump the best of the three, and the one most likely to get us closer to the Cup.

Reactions: Arzak

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
None of the three are worth 11. None. And I'm done with overpaying talent to play in Toronto.
I didn't say any of them were worth $11, just that Willy was closer.

I suppose you should be relieved that you aren't the one overpaying, although you don't sound like it.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They performed admirably but the need for a top 4 guy is really clear. Saying we have one NHL D is ridiculous though. We have at least 3 playing right now.
We have 1 top 4 D in league Rielly .. after that it is a bunch of 6th and 7th liners .. we need 3 more top 4 guys .. team is completely lopsided with way too many forwards and nowhere near enough D to win anything when games get serious .. we will be lucky to get 2 more .. one via trade and another when Klinburg goes under da knife

Reactions: Arzak and arso40

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We have 1 top 4 D in league Rielly .. after that it is a bunch of 6th and 7th liners .. we need 3 more top 4 guys .. team is completely lopsided with way too many forwards and nowhere near enough D to win anything when games get serious .. we will be lucky to get 2 more .. one via trade and another when Klinburg goes under da knife

Brodie is still a top 4 D and McCabe is at worst at a 5. But yes, we need more top 4 D, basically everyone is in agreement on that.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

1701725681254.png

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
It’s just the regular season but this loss hit a bit harder than usual even though we actually played one of our best games this season.

We’ve seen so little growth from this core. I see very little difference from 2019 up to now. They are certainly better and more mature but it’s not enough in terms of that “it” factor/killer instinct and I’m not sure it ever will be at this point. A group of extremely talented players always coming up short in the big games. The Tampa series at least showed some progress but we were outplayed pretty handily and the Florida series is where our luck ran out.

Bummed out by this group big time.

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Brodie is still a top 4 D and McCabe is at worst at a 5. But yes, we need more top 4 D, basically everyone is in agreement on that.
McCabe maybe a 5 maybe but only when he plays like a son of a b*tch and punishes people trying to take our net .. he was way too soft against Bruins which was worrisome .. brodie is washed .. he is hanging on by his fingernails as an nhl player now

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
McCabe maybe a 5 maybe but only when he plays like a son of a b*tch and punishes people trying to take our net .. he was way too soft against Bruins which was worrisome .. brodie is washed .. he is hanging on by his fingernails as an nhl player now

Gross exaggeration

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gross exaggeration
in your opinion .. come down to Hot Stove before games and listen to us guys who played .. Corson Tucks sit ricky dougie wendy omg there is no one behind scenes at all who thinks brodie is top 4 .. we all see him when we talk privately as a guy who is washed .. there is what people say publicly on TV and what folks says privately over a beer .. heads up Tre has been trying to unload him since summer .. supposedly no takers

Sep 18, 2009
Server migration (Xenforo Cloud) is scheduled for Monday, December 4th at 12 pm GMT/UTC. We will experience up to 5 hours of downtime. The board will be active as soon as the process is complete. Thanks for the patience.
  • Leafs used to be the regular season team
  • Now what
  • Maybe they are a playoff team

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was hoping that they’d come out and take it to Boston and give Marchand a rough night. But no. Not only does Marchand angle Willy to the point he falls and gives up the puck on his game winning goal, it appears it sparked Marchand.

Every time. Every bloody time.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't say any of them were worth $11, just that Willy was closer.

I suppose you should be relieved that you aren't the one overpaying, although you don't sound like it.
I'm the one stupid enough to follow a team destined for failure for the fact that they seem to prioritize selling merch over building a winner. Building a winner would involve not paying William Nylander 11 because he's simply not worth it. Nor was Matthews worth 13. But here we are.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm the one stupid enough to follow a team destined for failure for the fact that they seem to prioritize selling merch over building a winner. Building a winner would involve not paying William Nylander 11 because he's simply not worth it. Nor was Matthews worth 13. But here we are.
Does any of that have any bearing on what I said?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Does any of that have any bearing on what I said?
You said he's the closest value to 11m that we have and I said more or less that's what we do. We pay players that are kind of good as if they were kind of great.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00