Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
in your opinion .. come down to Hot Stove before games and listen to us guys who played .. Corson Tucks sit ricky dougie wendy omg there is no one behind scenes at all who thinks brodie is top 4 .. we all see him when we talk privately as a guy who is washed .. there is what people say publicly on TV and what folks says privately over a beer .. heads up Tre has been trying to unload him since summer .. supposedly no takers

lol sure. More of your typical believe me because I know people shtick.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You said he's the closest value to 11m that we have and I said more or less that's what we do. We pay players that are kind of good as if they were kind of great.
I said Willy's closer to that value than either Mitch or JT, and your response was that Willy isn't worth $11 (I didn't say he was), and then complained about Matty (whom I hadn't mentioned at all).

I don't necessarily disagree with what you said, but it didn't really relate to my post.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I said Willy's closer to that value than either Mitch or JT, and your response was that Willy isn't worth $11 (I didn't say he was), and then complained about Matty (whom I hadn't mentioned at all).

I don't necessarily disagree with what you said, but it didn't really relate to my post.
Your post doesn't really bring much to the table. Who cares if he's closer? 11M is still grossly overpaying him and will further handicap the dressing room and the team build. So not interested. He comes in at 9-9.5. That's his value. His game comes with holes.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Your post doesn't really bring much to the table. Who cares if he's closer? 11M is still grossly overpaying him and will further handicap the dressing room and the team build. So not interested. He comes in at 9-9.5. That's his value. His game comes with holes.
Missed the point, but OK - If he's worth 9-95, what's Mitch worth? Or JT? Or Matty?

Instead of just complaining about one player, offer a comparison, or at least something constructive.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Missed the point, but OK - If he's worth 9-95, what's Mitch worth? Or JT? Or Matty?

Instead of just complaining about one player, offer a comparison, or at least something constructive.
Mitch, Matty and JT are all overpaid. As a result, is Willie entitled to an overpayment? Willie is probably closer to $10m, given what we have seen 22 games in. The other 3 have performed to their pay grade for maybe 12 games and that is being generous.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Maybe you missed my point? They are ALLLLLLL over priced. We could probably field another 6-7M player in whatever position we chose with the amount those f***ers are over priced to play here.

If they hate playing here so much and demand that much over their value...piss off then. Outside of selling jersey's they are not doing us any favors on ice.

Last edited:

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Hey guys, B's fan here, had a great time in your incredible city this past weekend with my girlfriend, close playoff-like game and Toronto is an amazing city, stayed at the Radisson Blu Downtown which was great, the food was incredible.......really wish I remembered to check out Second City on my first night as the sketches I saw in Chicago were hilarious.....also your trains to and from the airport/Union Station are so much better than the MA/RI area......on a different note, what is the deal with the metal bars in the upper sections at Scotiabank ?? lol and I thought Boston's balcony was cramped....anyway, cheers!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe you missed my point? They are ALLLLLLL over priced. We could probably field another 6-7M player in whatever position we chose with the amount those f***ers are over priced to play here.

If they hate playing here so much and demand that much over their value...piss off then. Outside of selling jersey's they are not doing us any favors on ice.
Still just complaining with no commitment?

Please tell us what you think they are worth.

By the way, I don't think any of them "hate playing here". Why do you think that?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Still just complaining with no commitment?

Please tell us what you think they are worth.

By the way, I don't think any of them "hate playing here". Why do you think that?
I think that because they cost so f***ing much to sign.

Matthews is adequately priced as is. Tavares is 9.5 Marner and Nylander are both around 8.5-9.

Matthews is about to be 13+ And Nylander wants 11. Marner already makes 11.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think that because they cost so f***ing much to sign.

Matthews is adequately priced as is. Tavares is 9.5 Marner and Nylander are both around 8.5-9.

Matthews is about to be 13+ And Nylander wants 11. Marner already makes 11.
There. That wasn't so hard, was it?

So you think Mitch and JT are currently overpaid by about $2M each, Matty is ok until the extension makes him overpaid by $2M, and Willy is underpaid by about $2M.

Other than JT being too high (and the start of all the problems), I don't disagree about their current figures, but I think you're too optimistic if you except them to get those numbers going forward.

As UFAs today, I would expect them to get, from other teams: Matty $12-13, Willy $11, Mitch $10, and JT $9 (all depending on term).

I think you have it backwards - wouldn't you be happier to work at the same job for 10-20% more, with fewer expectations? Willy's the only one who should be unhappy, yet he seems to be the happiest.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
There. That wasn't so hard, was it?

So you think Mitch and JT are currently overpaid by about $2M each, Matty is ok until the extension makes him overpaid by $2M, and Willy is underpaid by about $2M.

Other than JT being too high (and the start of all the problems), I don't disagree about their current figures, but I think you're too optimistic if you except them to get those numbers going forward.

As UFAs today, I would expect them to get, from other teams: Matty $12-13, Willy $11, Mitch $10, and JT $9 (all depending on term).

I think you have it backwards - wouldn't you be happier to work at the same job for 10-20% more, with fewer expectations? Willy's the only one who should be unhappy, yet he seems to be the happiest.
No I don't think any of these assholes will sign in Toronto at those figures. Hence why I'm calling them assholes.

And any team that picks up will for 11 is signing away their chances at building a team that can go deep in the playoffs

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
lol sure. More of your typical believe me because I know people shtick.

You can't dismiss someone because you cant imagine the possibility that this guy might have contacts, maybe he works in the Alumni box. Maybe he works in the Leafs front office, maybe he is married to someone in the family. Toronto is a massive city that has a small 6 degrees of separation frequently. I've personally over heard discussion of pro NHL scouts while on a train, a former neighbour was professional amateur scout for a Western NHL hockey team, we'd talk shop frequently, a close buddy of mine is in the former pro athlete circle, he is constantly bringing former pro players to golf outings, interesting when you are 4's on the back 9, what people share over a few beers. Maybe he is full of shit, maybe he is being honest, not sure you can judge that from a post on an internet forum.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Hey guys, B's fan here, had a great time in your incredible city this past weekend with my girlfriend, close playoff-like game and Toronto is an amazing city, stayed at the Radisson Blu Downtown which was great, the food was incredible.......really wish I remembered to check out Second City on my first night as the sketches I saw in Chicago were hilarious.....also your trains to and from the airport/Union Station are so much better than the MA/RI area......on a different note, what is the deal with the metal bars in the upper sections at Scotiabank ?? lol and I thought Boston's balcony was cramped....anyway, cheers!

First off go F*## yourself, second I apologise for my uncontrolled and inappropriate previous outburst. :) Boston has been living rent free in my brain since the Raycroft trade and ..yeah... f-ing Raycroft

You were in TO and didn't go to the HHOF? You were only a couple of blocks away. Unforgettable life experience, to be in the presence of all that greatness ... it is a must see...

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
No I don't think any of these assholes will sign in Toronto at those figures. Hence why I'm calling them assholes.

And any team that picks up will for 11 is signing away their chances at building a team that can go deep in the playoffs
So if they don't sign for what you think they're worth, they are assholes?

But if they could get more as UFAs from other teams, wouldn't they be assholes to turn that down to get the lesser amounts you like?

You think they hate getting paid too much (in your opinion) to play here, but you think they will happier if they play here for less?

And again, why pick on Willy in particular, as he's the only one of the four not currently overpaid (in your opinion)?

Reactions: ACC1224

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You can't dismiss someone because you cant imagine the possibility that this guy might have contacts, maybe he works in the Alumni box. Maybe he works in the Leafs front office, maybe he is married to someone in the family. Toronto is a massive city that has a small 6 degrees of separation frequently. I've personally over heard discussion of pro NHL scouts while on a train, a former neighbour was professional amateur scout for a Western NHL hockey team, we'd talk shop frequently, a close buddy of mine is in the former pro athlete circle, he is constantly bringing former pro players to golf outings, interesting when you are 4's on the back 9, what people share over a few beers. Maybe he is full of shit, maybe he is being honest, not sure you can judge that from a post on an internet forum.

Given the consistency of him claiming to have inside information and trying to lord it over people to make his opinions sound more important than others pretty sure I can.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
First off go F*## yourself, second I apologise for my uncontrolled and inappropriate previous outburst. :) Boston has been living rent free in my brain since the Raycroft trade and ..yeah... f-ing Raycroft

You were in TO and didn't go to the HHOF? You were only a couple of blocks away. Unforgettable life experience, to be in the presence of all that greatness ... it is a must see...

haha I forgot to mention we went to the HHOF on a previous trip, awesome experience !!

• Love
Reactions: Hellcat

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Given the consistency of him claiming to have inside information and trying to lord it over people to make his opinions sound more important than others pretty sure I can.

If he is telling the truth does that mean his opinions are more important?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
So if they don't sign for what you think they're worth, they are assholes?

But if they could get more as UFAs from other teams, wouldn't they be assholes to turn that down to get the lesser amounts you like?

You think they hate getting paid too much (in your opinion) to play here, but you think they will happier if they play here for less?

And again, why pick on Willy in particular, as he's the only one of the four not currently overpaid (in your opinion)?
I believe other teams seem to have the ability to get stars to sign closer to their value. When Tavares signed for 11 here, Stamkos signed for 9.5 to remain in Tampa.

When Mackinnon signed for 12.6 he had already wont he heart and a stanley cup. When Matthews demanded 13.5 he won 2 scoring titles and only 1 round.

He didn't ask for 12.7. He HAD to get 13.5. Why? What has he done to warrant 13 f***ing 5? 2 scoring titles? Wooooop a deee do. Mackinnon easily out scores is a 100 point player, has led his team to a cup and even he didn't ask for f***ing 13. Just a symbolic over McDavid. Matthews? Uhn uh . He didn't want to be the highest paid player by a little bit. No no no. This is Toronto after all. He demands 13+

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah it's no surprise that people may know some things especially when it comes to local players.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I believe other teams seem to have the ability to get stars to sign closer to their value. When Tavares signed for 11 here, Stamkos signed for 9.5 to remain in Tampa.

When Mackinnon signed for 12.6 he had already wont he heart and a stanley cup. When Matthews demanded 13.5 he won 2 scoring titles and only 1 round.

He didn't ask for 12.7. He HAD to get 13.5. Why? What has he done to warrant 13 f***ing 5? 2 scoring titles? Wooooop a deee do. Mackinnon easily out scores is a 100 point player, has led his team to a cup and even he didn't ask for f***ing 13. Just a symbolic over McDavid. Matthews? Uhn uh . He didn't want to be the highest paid player by a little bit. No no no. This is Toronto after all. He demands 13+
OK - that's another rant about you thinking they are overpaid, but it really has nothing to do with anything I said, or any of the questions I asked.

If your only response to a post of mine is a pointless profane repetitious rant, Then please don't bother.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Whether it’s true or not aside, who really cares what Tucker or whoever thinks about a defenseman? Guys who have been in a player -> scout -> management position for decades make misreads on players constantly.

I wouldn’t doubt that there’s no market for Brodie but that probably has more to do with him being in the last year of a backloaded contract and no one wanting to pay 8mil for a #4 coming off a bunch of off-ice distractions.

Reactions: Sypher04

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2