Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1. Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
You knew Boston was going to come out as hard as possible and we needed to weather the storm.

Instead we got 2 blunders by Muzzin followed by a blunder by Nylander.

Refs lost control of the game very early on and never even tried to get control back.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Kadri was the only C to show up tonight. And I will give him the benefit that he wasn't getting much help from his teammates. Having said that, he shouldn't make himself the lighting rod. Love his guts but this game was sour from the get-go and a no win situation.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Really really bad game.

We dominated game 1, they dominated game 2.

Move on to the next.

Kapanen and Matthews have been really struggling at finding any sort of room. They've been really quiet.

Did they really dominate? Our pp sucked and they were allowed to play their game.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Ah, there is the team I watched for most of the season. Soft. Weak. If not for Andersen this score would have been embarrassing.

Kadri needs to be moved on the off season.

If Matthews cannot generate offence while playing strong D, how good is he really?

That was the worst game I have ever seen JT play.

We need to see the exception on Monday, not the norm to get the series lead. This was the real Leafs. Sad but true.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Anyone else notice that Matthews seemed to care about winning the stupid Under 21 team World Cup games more than he does for us?
Where did the pride go?

Reactions: Cobra777

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Kadri is fully to blame for his actions, but things were always going to escalate to an incident of this nature the way they called this hockey game.

Some of the worst officiating I've seen in a very long time. Injuries and suspension because they didn't address any of the incidents in the opening period.
I don’t disagree with the bad officiating , but it was bad everywhere ...
I’m not a Kadri fan
I thought he had a very very effective game , but his actions there were inexcusably selfish ...
We were still in the game and in the series , brutal team player
Oh I know what a lot of you younger fans are going to say about his sticking up for his mates and how hard he played , and your right , up until that point .
Stupid play by a stupid selfish player , bush league , as I’ve always said “ ball hockey player “ dumb and selfish
Wait for the right time
That time wasn’t at that point
Even wait till next yeAr if you have to
But not there
Dumb ass
Selfish ass

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It was a bad loss, mostly because they didn't give a damn about much along with the disgraceful officiating but its just one game. That's the beauty of the playoffs. Momentum doesnt carry game-to-game in the playoffs.

Toronto will now make their adjustments and will have the home crowd along with other benefits. It's a new series but we're still in the driver's seat until we lose at home.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Marner tripped near the start of the 1st no call
Debrusk knee on knee, no call
Debrusk elbow to the face, no call
Debrusk facewashes Kadri, takes him down, hits him while hes down again, offsetting calls. Kadri gets a roughing for getting punched ?
Tavares highsticked no call
That "hook" on Kadri
Gauthier "roughing"

lots of interference, refs were absolute garbage and should be fired after a game like that

Leafs didn't play amazing but it's kind of difficult when the opposing team gets that away with that mush shit, disgraceful officiating.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Notes:
Matthews is my favourite player but this is pathetic, where is he?? I thought we signed Tavares to have an elite centre on our top 2 lines, not just the first. He needs to step up big time game 3
Nylander had a good third but overall bad game, terrible puck management
Johnsson isn't very good
Kadri plays with heart and I love that but that was some dumb s***, played exactly into what the bruins wanted. This is twice in two years
Andersen played great, bright spot is that we don't need to worry about him this year. He's showed up
Reffing- This is actually disgraceful, no f****** consistency at all. Then when the game was obviously getting out of hand the whistles go away, how dumb do you have to be to think that's smart???? Kadri was stupid for the hit on Debrusk but the Refs let the stage be set for this to happen
Zaitsev with the puck in his zone gives me a heart attack

Overall Babcock needs to adjust, dump and chase ain't working. Put Hyman-Matthews-Nylander together again
If you asked me if I'd take 1-1 split going back to Toronto I'd take it. But we have to win game 3

Reactions: Teeder Keon

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Just a horrendous game top to bottom. Almost a good thing that we can shine a light on bad officiating in a game we didn't deserve to win anyway, instead of in a game where the reffing is the difference.

At the same time, really ****ing dumb on Kadri's part. He scored a goal to get us back in the game, we start to generate some chances, and then he goes and pisses it all away. Really disappointing

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad