Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I know that I'm in a sour mood after this game, but have any of you concentrated on watching Marner play in his own zone? He floats like Kessel used to do. I would not pay that entitled little **** $9M a year. He's a good regular season point producer who will die in the playoffs when the checking gets tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: flamesforcup

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
This team needs a shit-disturber.. Kadri, Mathews, Marner, etc all asleep at the wheel. We need a guy on the 4th line that we can throw out after getting scored on and intimidate the other team, hit, do something to wake the team up.. Having a team of all non-physical skilled guys just means when there isnt alot of offensive chances they fall asleep. Thats why most teams have a mix of skill and grit.. Grit to wake the skilled guys up and open up the game a bit with some emotion

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
When Babcock tries to force defense and make the leafs play boring hockey, he sure brings the goals for down a lot more than the goals against. When will he realize it's not a good strategy?

Was it that or did St Louis study how stupid our pond hockey was and just shut down all the outlets?

Think about it.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I honestly honestly honestly think kadri needs to sit for a game. Not as a punishment, just as a reset, the dude is sucking serious ass right now and hes playing a lot.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Marleau
Matthews
Marner

If we’re planning on paying that trio close to 28 million next year, they can’t be this bad two nights in a row.

They actually need to face adversity and come out on top.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I know that I'm in a sour mood after this game, but have any of you concentrated on watching Marner play in his own zone? He floats like Kessel used to do. I would not pay that entitled little sh*t $9M a year. He's a good regular season point producer who will die on the playoffs when the checking gets tight.

I’ve watched him for 3 years and he’s not good at it.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
well... I got to see about 2 shifts of Matthews and Marner together 5 on 5 .... wonder how long before I see that again?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The Leafs are more confused then a chameleon in a bag of skittles.
This pre-season was horrible, as they set to build their roster and their roles against some pretty incredibly easy opposition.
Then they started playing easy teams to start the season.
This is reality, and they don't know what to do about it.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
@Monn111 Do you think Bozak's production could of been increased by 18% playing with Nylander? That's the production spread. As an UFA, Bozak signed for a no hometown discount, $5 million/season. Is a RFA, Nylander worth more then 37%, especially considering that he didn't do a single thing outside creating that production?

I think the last thing needed was to drain the bank account on a goal scorer. There is one d'man I would keep if I was the GM and Anderson is not a playoff goalie. I also wouldn't have messed the offensive chemistry that had been developing at the end of last season.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Better team won
It's as simple as that

One thing that does concern me is when we fall into a hole and things aren't going well we seem to struggle to come up with either a game changing play/system change or any emotional/physical response to try to break out of it

It's something the team and coaching staff need to think about
I think this is mostly recency bias. They battled back from an awful third period last game, even if they didn't get the win and have come from behind a few times already this year.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marleau
Matthews
Marner

If we’re planning on paying that trio close to 28 million next year, they can’t be this bad two nights in a row.

Don't worry, Marner is a local so he gets a few extra points it's like affirmative action. Take that into account and he's solid.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure he has mono again. He'll be ok in 8 months.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
f*** this shit. Load up two lines

Marleau Tavares Marner
Kadri Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Lindholm Brown

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Marleau
Matthews
Marner

Why, good players are magically limited to 1 game and done. Ive seen Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Gilmour, Messier, Sakic, Sundin...etc all have multiple games where things have just been off. It happens and there is nothing you can do about it and the money has nothing to do with it either.

There will be another time this season where the team is on a winning streak or playing well that people wont even remember these games happened.

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The Leafs are more confused then a chameleon in a bag of skittles.
This pre-season was horrible, as they set to build their roster and their roles against some pretty incredibly easy opposition.
Then they started playing easy teams to start the season.
This is reality, and they don't know what to do about it.

Cue : The coaches

Reactions: Loosie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad