Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2 | BREAK UP MATTHEWS AND MARNER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If it goes south, he might ask for a trade and we not have to see him in the putrid outfit he is wearing in that dumb RBC commercial.
My idea is you can move them even though they got NMC’s, package them as a pair, plan B would to let 16 walk and try to move 34 to whatever team he lands with. They appear to be a un separable package……..

Reactions: arso40 and ToneDog

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Why Keefe is reluctant to split them, because they are controlling him, and want him fired IMHO. The confrontation is about to happen.
When Reaves went back into the lineup, they quit playing.
I think the boys are anti Reaves, being inserted to fix their cultural control. Reaves has done nothing to help this team.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
It’s interesting that Keefe seemed to save his criticism for the play when Robertson threw the puck back to Brodie saying “our d gets it in our forwards hands and we have chance for a very clean breakout… that’s the game right there”
Kinda bs. Brodie who is pursued by Acciari, dishes somewhat carelessly to Robertson who only has a blind, backhand up the boards as his breakout option, Acciari is immediately all over him. Robertson says f*** that and sends it back to Brodie to buy some time. Brodie then doubles down on the suck and coughs it up. There wasn’t any very clean breakout option on that play.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
930494f0cd0f04f6cd1361ed07cd8bf7~2.jpg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Everyone shits on marner but our 13.5 million dollar generational talent is just as bad or worse for that matter after all he is the best player on our team.
This is the reality of it.
It’s simple minded to put everything on Marner.

Reactions: francis246

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is the reality of it.
It’s simple minded to put everything on Marner.
LMAO cry me a river Paul. I don't think you're going to get anyone to fall for your false narrative any more - I've only read a couple of pages of this thread and I've seen a ton of players being criticized. Your boy has been terrible this season, time to own it.

Why Keefe is reluctant to split them, because they are controlling him, and want him fired IMHO. The confrontation is about to happen.
When Reaves went back into the lineup, they quit playing.
I think the boys are anti Reaves, being inserted to fix their cultural control. Reaves has done nothing to help this team.
You know, it wouldn't even surprise me if this was true, that's how sad things are. Emotion and passion are simply not allowed in robot land.

Last edited:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
LMAO cry me a river Paul. I don't think you're going to get anyone to fall for your false narrative any more - I've only read a couple of pages of this thread and I've seen a ton of players being criticized. Your boy has been terrible this season, time to own it.

You know, it wouldn't even surprise me if this was true, that's how sad things are. Emotion and passion are simply not allowed in robot land.
The team issue is a new player must demonstrate on ice leadership before he can influence off the ice in a positive form. Reaves has done nothing. It appears to me he doesn't even know the game, he almost shys from involvement.
Nobody cares about his choice of room music, he hasn't earned the right to be on this team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Man is this team weird

Earlier on in the season the only guys that could score were the big 4 and we couldn't buy a point from the bottom 6 now the 2nd and 3rd lines look strong but our top line has disappeared completely

The defense was so bad early you could have got a peewee team and they would have scored on them, things are better but they are still making one or two horrific mistakes every night which is leading to goals against

Also our goaltending is wildly inconsistent from game to game, who knows what we're going to get

We just aren't playing well, our results are pretty good but I'm concerned if we don't clean our game up we're going to go into a slide that's going to take some getting out of

Keep your eye on the prize?

1701017161599.png

Attachments

• 1701016684601.png
    1701016684601.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 2

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Knies is pretty much the perfect 3rd wheel linemate on a top line. He's got such a knack for winning puck battles, skilled in transition, and plays such a simple but effective offensive game. Matthews and Marner need to figure things out with him, especially since the middle 6 looks too good to screw with

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thought Knies was a bright spot last night and staring to like Bertuzzis game.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Thought Knies was a bright spot last night and staring to like Bertuzzis game.
Knies and Bertuzzi have been good. They hunt pucks down, use their bodies and go to the net.

The only issue is, we rely on them to do all the work for our stars. It’s been like this especially for Matthews and Marner for years (Bunting and Hyman for examples).

Its getting pathetic to be honest that this organization accepts that and expects that while our stars float around and fight for every penny they can get.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't disagree and by no means mean that the Leafs should have kept Dubas.

Just how it was done, the timing of it, desparate hire in Tre, never had a proper list of candidates to interview and vet...what did Tre did in his career to justify his hiring?

Shanahan needs to be accountable for this mess he created.
The ONLY way to make Shanahan accountable is to FIRE him now !!!

He has FAILED to make this team an unstoppable juggernaut, all the while allowing the core to be well overpaid !!! Marner isn't worth Nylanders current salary never mind being over $10M !!!

Treliving was hired without a proper search for a new, and much better GM. I still think his mission is to make our Leafs just respectable enough to NEVER win a Stanley Cup.

Shanahan likely goes right back to working for the NHL after being fired. He still has NEVER moved his family to Toronto. This speaks volumes to me regarding his TRUE commitment to building our Leafs into a real contender. His versions of our Leafs has NEVER played hockey the way he played to much success !!!

JMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: francis246

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Here's the Leafs' biggest problem: why aren't Matthews and Marner in the top 10 in NHL scoring despite making all that money?

Matthews got his big money again, now Marner is rubbing his hands together for his next contract.

Reactions: Al14

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The one game I REALLY didn’t want them to lose.

Now The Dubasites are going to be out in full force tonight with their “Dubas > Treliving” takes and we’re never going to hear the end of it.
Yes because Pittsburgh is setting the league on fire.

Dubas lovers can suck it. Treliving sucks and Dubas does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad