Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1; lose series

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Clean house. I have no faith in Shanahan and Dubas being able to make the tough calls required this off-season. He's traded the Leafs first in 3 successive season hurting our cheap depth long-term to be exactly where we were prior to him winning the internal power struggle. He got the coach he wanted, he got the power he wanted, and we are still a team that hasn't advanced past the first round in 5 years.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
re-read the dubas quote from a few years back

what it actually said was
"we can, but meh we kinda dont want to"

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
after hearing Keefe post game comments he has to go as well. Not changing up anything with the top line after they stunk the whole series. Unless Daddy Marne got a clause in his son's contract that he has to play with 34 why keep the together.

I am full support of bringing in Torts. They need a hard ass coach to cancel the romper room clubhouse they have.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
My mom gave birth to me in Scarborough in 1993, and I'll never forgive her for it.
Lol, you have no idea the hate for Fraser in 93. That team was awesome, sealed the deal for me as a Leafs fan. A glimmer of hope in 04, but dammit....

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The guys lack passion and fire.
There is nobody leading the charge when the going gets tough.
Marner is as good as gone and he knows it too.
Reilly is another, he lacks defensive IQ.

Bring in Gallant and a GM who knows how to build a contender.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Tavaraes was a warrior mayne, but still, he ain't getting back no mo.

We twerked some, but not enough. Some dolls. Marner matthews....................................... laughing 34 at some points when montreal hit him in earlier games. What is that? Hit back and don't laugh. You ain't laughing no mo? That's some rare dirt right thurr. Even our thugs and vets didn't change that. Not even foligno. That's some puzzling dirt and y'all should think about it. Hard. Marner was ok on the pk, other than that... not good enough.

This ain't good enough. Malhotra and keefe etc are not brang back. They fired. I see it already. Even dubas the fool might be gone. He changed his philosofy and got us thugs and vets, that I THANK HIM. But his deals with all these dolls matthews marner nylander etc are not good enough: THEY COST US MILLIONS.40 mil. THAT*S SOME POOR DIRT RIGHT THURR :biglaugh: Think about it. We ain't have money to get us no real killas no mo.

LadyLala

Feb 20, 2021
I got rid of all my social media and it will be gone for quite some time, just not in the mood to put up with any bs.

F this team. My passion for them is on life support.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Absolutely heartbreaking.... I know I get this strange feeling about Marner.. he is not it. He changed for the worst when he got his contract..

This is why bridges make so much sense. Keep the players hungry to prove themselves. Even if they do you're probably breaking relatively even on salary if you were giving $11M dollars anyways.

Making Dubas our GM at such a critical time ruined this rebuild cycle.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Said it before I think ... the entire North division sucked all year.
We were average at best ... but easy to look average if you don't play Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida, Tampa and Boston at all.
We floated through that season and did not get better or face tough teams.

Montreal and the Jets will get crushed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad