Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 2-1 ... Kind of... In a shootout (Yes those are still a thing)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Felt like we haven't played in weeks :laugh:

On my phone, might fix this up later, was hoping someone else would post a GDT lol

Leafs Projected Lines

JVR-Kadri-Komarov
Mathias-Holland-Boyes
Winnik-Spaling-Lupul
Grabner-Arcobello-Parenteau

Hunwick-Rielly
Marincin-Phaneuf
Harrington-Polak

Jonathan Bernier - Starter

Injuries

Jake Gardiner - 7-10 Days [Lower Body]
Tyler Bozak - 7-10 Days [Lower Body]
Stephan Robidas - Indefinitley [Hes totally injured guys, honest!]
Nathan Horton - Indefinitley [RIP]​

(LOL Marincin and Phaneuf are going to drive people nuts tonight in here)

MOD WARNING - Please see the board notice at the top of the page

Please do not post or solicit links to illegal game streams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, Seer gave me a video, that I can't post as I am on my phone, but maybe he'll post it. Check it out!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
there's a game tonight? :laugh:

(has there been this much down time for the Leafs to start a season? usually we're like... guns a blazing (then we have that week off) then guns a blazing again. )

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know about you guys but I've found the games to be somewhat decent. Leafs could easily be at .500 hockey right now. I prefer a high pick so I don't mind lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't know about you guys but I've found the games to be somewhat decent. Leafs could easily be at .500 hockey right now. I prefer a high pick so I don't mind lol

It's better hockey because we have a better coach and a better system.

We just don't have the skill to win games. Once we switch Parenteau, Grabner, Arcobello, Spaling for guys like Nylander, Brown, Marner, Johnson etc, you'll see us start to win games because we have the skill to make the system work even better.

This season is just a throw away. We're waiting for the kids to ripen. That's all this is. No expectations, just go through the season, teach the guys that will be here some things, and wait for the talent to come.

Then there's the whole Stamkos thing. If he makes FA, he's a Leaf. No doubt in my mind. He may be one before then. It's Tampa or Toronto with Stamkos. I don't see anywhere else he goes.

It's just a complete toss away of a season

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I've been totally in all the games. For the most part, we've held our own against every team we faced, minus the wings but that was more Bernier.

It's actually enjoyable hockey, some very nice set plays makes you wonder how they'd look with some of the better prospects in a few years.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Still getting used to all the new names and numbers lol. Hope Bozak is better soon because no matter how you slice it we are better with him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

I agree.

it's kind of weird because I was like. okay. Columbus (my backup team) will be good, and the Leafs, will Leaf. but Columbus is Leafing, and we're pretty good, minus the wins.

eek

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I agree. I'm not even mad that they are losing these games. Its been enjoyable and they have competed for the most part.

Of course if they lose 20 in a row then eventually its gonna get to me. But if they get a W here and there against Montreal, Detroit, Boston etc then I ain't mad

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I don't know why you guys are tossing the leafs aside.

I know the Jays are big and the Leafs are losing but it's actually enjoyable hockey to watch.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I don't know why you guys are tossing the leafs aside.

I know the Jays are big and the Leafs are losing but it's actually enjoyable hockey to watch.

I also watch all of the big toronto sports so I find it weird when anyone throws a team aside.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
The only game I've missed entirely so far has been the Detroit game, but I've been really enjoying watching this year's team so far. No, there's not enough skill to win the games, but they're playing hockey the right way, doing the things that we've been waiting to see for years now. I haven't seen a Leafs team dominate possession and cycle this well since before the first lockout with guys like Sundin, Roberts and Thomas leading the charge.

Give me low-scoring affairs where we control the pace of the game over being hemmed in our zone the whole time with the occasional rush any day.

I don't consider this a throwaway year, because I think the steps we take this season are really important to setting us on the right track for the future, but once we start incorporating our skilled young guys into this system, we'll start winning more hockey games.

Buffalo's tricky to read this year. On paper they've improved quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to be translating into anything yet. It'll be an interesting game, I'm looking forward to it.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Oilers fan coming in peace. How have Marincin and Arcobello looked for you guys?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Oilers fan coming in peace. How have Marincin and Arcobello looked for you guys?

Simply put, not good.

Marincin's been our worst D so far, in my opinion, and Arcobello's been flat while fighting the puck. I believe they're only playing tonight to replace Gardiner and Bozak.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
2:30 PM: Here are tonight's projected lineups for the Maple Leafs and Sabres.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards
21 van Riemsdyk - 43 Kadri - 47 Komarov
23 Matthias - 24 Holland - 28 Boyes
26 Winnik - 16 Spaling - 19 Lupul
40 Grabner - 33 Arcobello - 15 Parenteau

Defence
52 Marincin - 3 Phaneuf
2 Hunwick - 44 Rielly
36 Harrington - 46 Polak

Goaltenders
45 Bernier
34 Reimer

Buffalo Sabres
Forwards
23 Reinhart - 90 O'Reilly - 63 Ennis
9 Kane - 15 Eichel - 88 McGinn
26 Moulson - 28 Girgensons - 12 Gionta
44 Deslauriers - 22 Larsson - 82 Foligno

Defence
4 Gorges - 55 Ristolainen
29 McCabe - 3 Pysyk
6 Weber - 46 Franson

Goaltenders
33 Johnson
50 Lieuwen

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Not looking forward to a Marincin/Phaneuf pairing.

Hopefully Hunwick/Rielly are counted on heavily for ES minutes again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad