Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 1-0 ... No pain, no gain!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dion Phaneuf was the best possession player tonight. Polak, Gardiner, were the worst.

CZxoC3iWYAAnaxK.png

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I haven't watched a full game all season. Team is pathetic.

Maybe if you watched a full game, you would see that they made a valiant effort tonight given the lack of talent on the Leafs vs the abundance of talent on Tampa who are fighting for their playoff lives. Toronto are just fighting to stay competitive.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Played well. Started slow like usual. Outplayed them the last 50 minutes. Solid loss.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Giving up 1 goal is better than giving up 5?

Too bad this team forgot how to score again. Ah well ... I knew these droughts would come this season.

The pain is real though .. Getting tougher to watch these games. Good thing I'm going to the Leafs-Flames game in Calgary in two weeks!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Rielly is such a game changer, he truly is a treat to watch.

Having a player that can control the pace of the game is so important.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
pretty sure if a certain goalie played like that wed hear...

"poor "_" deserves a better team".

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Rielly will be better than the guy from Chicago.... Book it. ... Much better. Believe in the SHANAplan. Guy is just going to be better. Burke did right on this one. Guy had the sight.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Getting Laine or Matthews would be so crazy. Imagine us being announced winners of the lotto. After seeing the past years and post lockout here we had so many chances to rebuild but didn't, seeing how smoothly our current one is going is great. Not much drama from the media, players are playing hard with a great coach. And best of all we got a great pool of prospect with potentially the top 3 prospects in the world come training camp. Obviously hopING we try to restock our pools as the years progress. This management has gotten fans to buy into what they're preaching. I have no problem enduring this year with our management showing they have the makings to be great. Had this been Nonis Era or Burke..... well this year would have bee horrible.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
A GREED. But "fans" go for momentum. Therefore you and I are enjoying the build. Not many else do. "Fans" are what feeds the coffers man. In my game, the stock game, they are the filler for the sandwich.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Keith is very good. But this Rielly kid has more talent at the same age. He is just now starting to believe in how good he is. If you let him play on a team with more talent, it would be sick to watch him.

Check out the stats on the two of them. Heck, at 21, Keith wasn't even in the NHL. His AHL stats were poorer than Morgan's NHL stats.

Trading Rielly would be insane now. You had better be getting something ridiculous back. Too bad the goalie didn't open his legs more for Rielly to have scored a highlight reel goal last night. Oh well.

We had better think twice of trading his best friend too, Jake Gardiner, to keep Morgan happier.

Morgan is a lot heftier than Keith as well. Pretty soon, we might see him putting some guys through the boards as he gets more and more confident.

Last edited:

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Didn't watch. So did Corrado get benched? Only 5 minutes of ice time?

Blasted Palat with a big hit and got a penalty on the play. I dont think he saw icetime after that..which was kind of a joke considering it was b2b.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Two words: John Tavares.

nielsen was his Center in the season 10/11.;)

Nobody knows whats going on with him, i mean he was olympic Top Goalscorer, in the Short season ,year 2013, he score 16 Goals in 48 Games in a full season 25+ possible.
i hope he find his scoring touch fast or they will end his NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad