LeBrun: Leafs looking to acquire another cheaper goalie

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Ok well the only place you would have spoken french is if you played beer league against French teams from Quebec.

Toronto has zero French. Nothing we get is french.

You would find Indian/Chinese dialects. Italian polish Russian/Ukrainian before French

There are over 100k Russians in Toronto. One of the reasons all the khl players signed here for a few years
My bad I didn't know that. Having a Russian living culture in Toronto would actually be a good thing if Sammy would sign there. In the past, there had been stories that Sammy had a hard time adjusting to American culture and he still needs a Russian/English interpretor after 3 years playing in the NHL. I would probably suggest the new Leafs goalie coach learn some Russian besides Da/Net. Hmmm, I wonder if when the Caps goalie said the word net, Sammy thought he said no in Russian! :laugh:

Maybe Holtby signs for cheap? :dunno:
He's out for the season and realistically, his career might be over. Yeesh, do some ppl actually pay attention to the NHL goalie news?!:rolleyes:

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Holtby is my guess. go with 2 cup winning goalies and maybe one of them takes the starter role and runs with it

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Leafs don't have the cap space to add a 2 to 3 million tandem goalie. Maybe halak or comrie for 1.2 x 1 or 2. Dubas is terrible and needs to be fired.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Leafs don't have the cap space to add a 2 to 3 million tandem goalie. Maybe halak or comrie for 1.2 x 1 or 2. Dubas is terrible and needs to be fired.
They have the money too, and if not they can trade Kerfoot / Holl. There are a lot of Kerfoot replacements in the UFA pool.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I've often said a sumo goalie would be a cheap one, although they eat a lot. He would totally cover the whole the net and nothing would go past him... weighting like 900 pounds. Not to be even moved with. There just would not be anymore room for the small black puck. Get the biggest one too, go around the world and make it an adventure. Find him and then bring him home. We need that. That would also make history in toronto, hockey's mecca.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I've often said a sumo goalie would be a cheap one, although they eat a lot. He would totally cover the whole the net and nothing would go past him... weighting like 900 pounds. Not to be even moved with. There just would not be anymore room for the small black puck. Get the biggest one too, go around the world and make it an adventure. Find him and then bring him home. We need that. That would also make history in toronto, hockey's mecca.

Sadly I'm pretty Simmons ruined any chance of Kessel ever re-signing in Toronto.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Take Charlie Lindgren. He's got a cult-like following amongst a handful of weirdos in the Blues fanbase, after putting up a .954 save percentage over FIVE games against some of the NHL's worst teams last year. Could probably be had for a 1-way, $1M/yr deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad